From: kimberlite1212 <no_reply@...>
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Assymetric Spinaker
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 05:35:12 -0000

erick,
did you use the block (pulley) that was supplied by amel?
thanks
eric
sm kimberlite

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Erick MEJEAN" <maramu@h...>
wrote:
Conversely to what you may hear the assymetric is a must on the
SM. It is so
convenient and efficient. It save you sometimes the hassle of
gearing the
ballooner.
Prior to anything you must make sure that a proper pulley has been
fitted on
the mast head. The existing one is not fit for the job.
I'm using an Elvstrom Nucat triradial cutting. It is a very stable
cutting.
It can be used from 80o to 140o off the apparent wind.
The fabric is made of nylon if i'm not mistaken. It has a weight
of 65g/m2.
The total area is around 132 m2. This area can fluctuate depending
on the
cutting. I believe this is a rather reasonable size, easy to
single handel.
Don't forget the spinaker sleeve which is of the essence and will
make the
use of the assymetric very easy. I'm using an ATM sleeve.More
expensive than
the average sleeves available on the market but so much easy and
reliable.
With regards to the price I believe that depending on the fabric
and the
quality it should remain around 25 Euro/m2 ex. VAT. As for the
sleeve it
should be around 800 Euro ex VAT
I posted a picture of Rigel II flying its two spinakers in the
photos
section of this forum
Erick

From: kimberlite1212 <no_reply@...>