Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Efector Anchor Chain Counter Sensor

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Andrew,

When our sensor failed it would report all sorts of false readings and with the anchor up and secured, it would start counting up or down.

The anchor counter operates with 12 volts supplied by one of the three 24v to 12v SAILOR converters below the nav table, inside the right hand door. I believe it is the same converter that supplies 12V to the cigarette lighter. This is the converter market "PERMANENT." There is an ON/OFF toggle switch and extra fuses on the converter. If you plug something with too many amps into the cigarette lighter, or the 12VDC socket at the nav station, you will blow a fuse.

I would check that first if you have recently used this 12VDC power for somethng.

If not, read the following:

The anchor chain system can be powered off by pressing the reset button for 7 seconds.

The Reset button functions are:
  • Press momentarily - turns back-light ON/OFF
  • Press for 3 seconds - resets counter to zero
  • Press for 7 seconds - turns the anchor monitor OFF
It is possible to accidentally turn it OFF when trying to reset the counter to zero.

I hope this helps you.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 7:12 AM, andrew.lamb@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

My anchor chain counter seems to have stopped working this weekend, but the display is simply showing nothing at all so I am wondering if it is a problem in the main unit rather than the sensor. I haven't yet gone behind to check power etc, but I thought I would ask a question to those who have had a sensor failure - what happened did the display show a number which would not change or does the whole unit go off?

thanks

Andrew

Ronpische

Andrew & Kate Lamb

Bill

Many thanks indeed – much appreciated – I am glad that I asked the forum before guddling about with the wiring -  I do hope it is simply me being an idiot and not reading the manual or a blown fuse. I will find out in 3 weeks when I am next back at the boat!

thanks

Andrew

Ronpische

SM2k 472

Canet en Roussillion, France

[...]

Keith Tice

My chain counter recently stopped counting.
Before it stopped it was counting when we weren't looking and not counting when the anchor was moving.
I found that the Efector IB5076 induction sensor is no longer produced, but that the IB5096 is available.
The only difference in the data sheet is that the signal NPN for IB5076 is PNP for IB5096. https://www.ifm.com/ch/en/product/IB5076
https://www.ifm.com/ch/en/product/IB5096
Should this be a plug compatible replacement?
I mean, one is on a lot and turns off and the other is off a lot and turns on. It is pulsing and the counter should just be counting pulses.
What is the opinion here?
Keith
Bikini SM 282

heinz@quetzal.berlin

Hallo
I have the same one I get it 2 years ago and it works well.

HEINZ Sm 2000, 292

Am 09.11.2019 um 03:09 schrieb Keith Tice <amel@...>:

My chain counter recently stopped counting.
Before it stopped it was counting when we weren't looking and not counting when the anchor was moving.
I found that the Efector IB5076 induction sensor is no longer produced, but that the IB5096 is available.
The only difference in the data sheet is that the signal NPN for IB5076 is PNP for IB5096. https://www.ifm.com/ch/en/product/IB5076
https://www.ifm.com/ch/en/product/IB5096
Should this be a plug compatible replacement?
I mean, one is on a lot and turns off and the other is off a lot and turns on. It is pulsing and the counter should just be counting pulses.
What is the opinion here?
Keith
Bikini SM 282

Thomas Peacock

I also replaced the sensor. I was concerned that I would have to install another relay to invert the signal, but that was not necessary. The replacement unit works well.

Tom Peacock
SM Aletes #240
Martinique