From: markmpitt [mailto:no_reply@...]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 1:46 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] shipping freight to La Rochelle

Hi all:

My new Amel will be delivered to me in La Rochelle in October. Can
anyone recommend a freight forwarder to pick up safety and other boat
gear and personal effects and deliver them to Amel? Thanks.

Mark Pitt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=17050657
92:HM/A=1464858/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_Cquo_1/g22l
p?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egroupmai
l/S=:HM/A=1464858/rand=427494473>

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

John Martin <jjmartin24@...>

I recently had to send my bow thruster to Amel for service. after calling UPS, and other services for prices I found they varied in cost between $180.00 and $ 250.00. I then took the package to the local post office who had me fill out a customs form and charged me $87.00. Amel had the bow thruster in a week. When Amel sent the unit back to me, they didn't use their Postal service so the cost was nearly $ 300.00 (through Emery). Go figure!!!

If any one is calling France or any other foreign country on a regular basis you may want to sign up with "Pennytalk." It costs nothing to join and pennies to call. You can call France for 2 cents a minute. I've been using them for years even calling Russia. Works great across the US too. Only drawback is you can't access if from outside the US. Their phone number is 1-877-638-2746 .

John Martin
"Moon Dog" SM #248

I have used UPS and the boxes were delivered to HYERES in less than 24 Hours
although the Hyeres depot is some where lost in Southern France. I am sure
that they deliver also in La Rochelle. You get very good price if you have a
company account number with them.

Regards

Dimitris
S/Y Alma Libre