Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] SSB Antenna's & Interference

itacknjibe

The problem you mention regarding the freezer controller sounds like one which Gordon West talks a lot about, and which, apparently, the refrigeration mfgrs don't own up to. It can apparently be fixed by placing a screen shield around the refrigeration controller and compressor unit.

Thanks for the info on the SSB antennas. We take delivery of our SM2000 in May 03.

Bill (Songo di Mare)

itacknjibe

The name of the boat is Sogno di Mare, not Songo di Mare. Can't spell the name of my own boat!

svcrusader <g4ljf@...>

Thanks Bill,

I guess that to screen the controller and compressor is easier said
than done. However in my case, I did prove that it was the yacht
wiring that was the radiator by powering the unit from a pair of 12V
batteries placed next to the freezer. With short leads, the problem
completely vanished. RFI is a complex subject, and it is probable
that no two installations are identical. It will be interesting to
see what happens when I get my new SM2000 next year.

Best Wishes and enjoy your new boat.

Ian

Crusader