Topics

Anchor guide measurement

Arnold Mente

Hi Amelians,

is someone able to give me the measurement of the anchor guide?
I have attached the picture.

Thank you so much for help, I am now far away and search a solution to build in a SS plate that the chain not damage further the last 20 cm to the bow roller.

Best

Arnold
SV Zephyr
SM 203

--
Arnold
SY Zephyr SM203

Arnold Mente

Hi Amelians,

is someone able to give me the measurement of the anchor guide?
I have attached the picture.

Thank you so much for help, I am now far away and search a solution to build in a SS plate that the chain not damage further the last 20 cm to the bow roller.

Best

Arnold
SV Zephyr
SM 203

Arnold
SY Zephyr SM203

Karen Smith

Arnold,

Our setup looks identical to yours, and the width between the plates is exactly 4 inches (103 mm), BUT.... it does narrow down where the forestay chainplate is located to 3.375 inches (87 mm).

We also protected the deck in that area from abrasion by the chain.  We used a 3 inch wide strip of kevlar fabric set in polyester resin that is holding up very well, but also considered a 4 or 5 mm thick plate of Delrin instead of stainless.  A lot easier to machine on the boat :), and very durable to the kind of sliding abuse that the chain inflicts.  It also looks better as it wears.

Bill & Karen
s/v Harmonie
SM160
Annapolis MD, USA