Topics

anchor wash

william reynolds

The anchor wash switch is powered up all the time with everything turned off. Not good.
Nothing in the Amel  wiring schematics show the wiring . Anyone know where to interrupt
the voltage with a separate switch?
Bill Reynolds
Cloudstreet SM2k #331

Breaker is on the breaker box inside the engine room.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020, 6:24 AM william reynolds <sail23692@...> wrote:
The anchor wash switch is powered up all the time with everything turned off. Not good.
Nothing in the Amel  wiring schematics show the wiring . Anyone know where to interrupt
the voltage with a separate switch?
Bill Reynolds
Cloudstreet SM2k #331

Bill,

The following photo is from the A-54 Manual, but the breaker box is similar to the one on your SM inside the engine room on the bulkhead. Note the red circle.  The anchor wash breaker is "EAU MER."
image.png

The following photo is from your SM2000 Amel Manual, page 39. Note the red circle.

image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 6:24 AM william reynolds <sail23692@...> wrote:
The anchor wash switch is powered up all the time with everything turned off. Not good.
Nothing in the Amel  wiring schematics show the wiring . Anyone know where to interrupt
the voltage with a separate switch?
Bill Reynolds
Cloudstreet SM2k #331

Thomas Peacock

Not all SM’s are the same, as we all know. On ours, the anchor wash breaker is in the V-berth on the port side, fairly far forward, a white box with an icon of waves on it.

Tom Peacock
SM #240 Aletes
San Juan, Puerto Rico
But I’m in the continental US

On Apr 10, 2020, at 7:24 AM, william reynolds <sail23692@...> wrote:

The anchor wash switch is powered up all the time with everything turned off. Not good.
Nothing in the Amel  wiring schematics show the wiring . Anyone know where to interrupt
the voltage with a separate switch?
Bill Reynolds
Cloudstreet SM2k #331

Mike,

Yes, but I knew that Cloudstreet was a SM2k, have been aboard her, and knew where to point him. During the production of the SM, the location of the anchor wash pump changed from the bow to the engine room as the SM moved toward the SM 2000 version.

You make a very good point that we all tend to miss. Amel made changes during the years that each model was produced and many Amels are modified by previous owners, then purchased by someone new to Amel. Bill Reynolds recently purchased Cloudstreet SM2k #331. Cloudstreet has enjoyed 4 very good previous owners. All of these previous owners were careful to keep her in original condition, purchasing OEM and OEM equivalent parts, and performing on-time maintenance. Regrettably, this is not true with all Amels.

I absolutely agree that we should be careful when giving advice, especially to someone new to Amel.

Bill

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 8:36 AM Thomas Peacock <peacock8491@...> wrote:
Not all SM’s are the same, as we all know. On ours, the anchor wash breaker is in the V-berth on the port side, fairly far forward, a white box with an icon of waves on it.

Tom Peacock
SM #240 Aletes
San Juan, Puerto Rico
But I’m in the continental US

On Apr 10, 2020, at 7:24 AM, william reynolds <sail23692@...> wrote:

The anchor wash switch is powered up all the time with everything turned off. Not good.
Nothing in the Amel  wiring schematics show the wiring . Anyone know where to interrupt
the voltage with a separate switch?
Bill Reynolds
Cloudstreet SM2k #331

greg greg

it makes some sense as this is the alternative flash water supply for the bow head.

Germain Jean-Pierre

When we bought Eleuthera, SM007, the anchor wash system was inoperative.

Our fresh water pump is a 3 bar, variable volume Marco 12 E.  Not wishing to replace the anchor wash pump, we placed a T in the fresh water feed to the forward head and now we have fresh water anchor wash.  Works fine.

We also have a Duo 100 water maker which exacerbates the high volume water use if the anchor wash.

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera, SM007, NZ