Topics

Another mystery parts question

Arno Luijten

Dear Forum,

In my never ending attempts to keep the boat organized I encountered the following parts that seem to be useful on a A54 but I don’t know for what.
Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance

Arno Luijten
SV Luna
A54-121

Ian Townsend

The bottom part is the oil drain plug bolt for the C-Drive.

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153

On Feb 20, 2021, at 2:08 PM, Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:

Dear Forum,

In my never ending attempts to keep the boat organized I encountered the following parts that seem to be useful on a A54 but I don’t know for what.
Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance

Arno Luijten
SV Luna
A54-121

<C41A7B5A-C86D-4C36-9809-4F92CAA12FE8.jpeg>

Wolfgang Weber

The first should be used in connection with a accu screw driver and could be used for the genua/staysail manual furling.
The secound is already described.
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54 #162

Arno Luijten

Thanks for that. That plug is as alternative when you do not have the line cutter installed I presume?

Regards,

Arno

Ian Townsend

No, the plug cannot be used for that in any way. It's just a bolt-type plug with an o-ring to create the seal.

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153

On Feb 20, 2021, at 3:32 PM, Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:

Thanks for that. That plug is as alternative when you do not have the line cutter installed I presume?

Regards,

Arno

Wolfgang Weber

Yes, the bolt for using with line cutter has a V-cut at the head of the bolt. So this was perhaps before adding the line-cutter
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54#162

The bolt is for the C-Drive oil drain. It was likely replaced with the V Bolt for the Spurs Line Cutter.
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 2:59 PM Wolfgang Weber via groups.io <webercardio=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes, the bolt for using with line cutter has a V-cut at the head of the bolt. So this was perhaps before adding the line-cutter
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54#162

Stefan Schaufert

I found also (again) a part like this.
Seems to be for sucking something like Glas, but from both sides.
After 2 years I still do not know what it is for.

Any ideas?

Best regards
Stefan
A54 #119 Lady Charlyette, currently Exumas

Bill Hall

Nose clip

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 4:43 PM Stefan Schaufert <mail@...> wrote:
I found also (again) a part like this.
Seems to be for sucking something like Glas, but from both sides.
After 2 years I still do not know what it is for.

Any ideas?

Best regards
Stefan
A54 #119 Lady Charlyette, currently Exumas

John Babot

Its for applying water to an outboard motor while it’s out of the water.

On Feb 23, 2021, at 6:43 PM, Stefan Schaufert <mail@...> wrote:

I found also (again) a part like this.
Seems to be for sucking something like Glas, but from both sides.
After 2 years I still do not know what it is for.

Any ideas?

Best regards
Stefan
A54 #119 Lady Charlyette, currently Exumas

<F333F2A3-B10E-404E-921C-D358649110C8.jpeg>

eric freedman

Rabbit ears,

You put the across your outboard motor water intake and hook it up to a garden hose. You can then

Run your outboard while attached to the rail. Good way to wash out the salt.

There is also a product called salt away that we use for this. It is also great to spray over the entire boat after a passage and let it sit for a few minutes. It also works great on the salt buildup on rails ,the bow fittings , and the deck

http://www.saltawayproducts.com/Products.htm

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Seems to be for sucking something like Glas, but from both sides.
After 2 years I still do not know what it is for.

Any ideas?

Best regards
Stefan
A54 #119 Lady Charlyette, currently Exumas

Matt Salatino

It’s for flushing the outboard motor. You connect a garden hose to it and it clamps to the foot of the outboard so you can feed fresh water.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Feb 23, 2021, at 7:43 PM, Stefan Schaufert <mail@...> wrote:

I found also (again) a part like this.
Seems to be for sucking something like Glas, but from both sides.
After 2 years I still do not know what it is for.

Any ideas?

Best regards
Stefan
A54 #119 Lady Charlyette, currently Exumas

<F333F2A3-B10E-404E-921C-D358649110C8.jpeg>

Mike Johnson

Hi Stefan,

It’s muff for flushing an outboard engine with fresh water.

Best regards

Mike & Peta

Solitude
SM 2K 461

On 24 Feb 2021, at 00:43, Stefan Schaufert <mail@...> wrote:

I found also (again) a part like this.
Seems to be for sucking something like Glas, but from both sides.
After 2 years I still do not know what it is for.

Any ideas?

Best regards
Stefan
A54 #119 Lady Charlyette, currently Exumas

<F333F2A3-B10E-404E-921C-D358649110C8.jpeg>

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Stefan;

This is used for connecting a water hose to the water intake to flush an outboard engine for the tender.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

Seems to be for sucking something like Glas, but from both sides.
After 2 years I still do not know what it is for.

Any ideas?

Best regards
Stefan
A54 #119 Lady Charlyette, currently Exumas

Stefan Schaufert

Thanks to you all,

specially for the nose clip idea that I like the most.

So I don't need this part for an outboard motor.
When someone is around, I like to give it away.