Von: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Grant Starling via groups.io
Gesendet: Samstag, 3. April 2021 08:34
An: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Another secret question...

Keen to know too please:

grantstarling@...

Grant
’Allonzee’ SN#42

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Sad fact. Tell one person a secret and it isn't secret any more

Danny

SM 200

99 Ocean Pearl

On 04 April 2021 at 20:33 Mark Pitt <mark_pitt@...> wrote:

Please let me know too.

  Mark Pitt, Sabbatical III, SM#419
  Mark_Pitt@...

On 4/1/2021 11:35 PM, Ann-Sofie wrote:
I thought that we after 15 years owner ship, knew all places on our SM, but obviously not. Or we know of the place but don’t consider it as a secret spot.

Some places are super to stove away things in. It can take years before you find the stuff again.

But as I am a curious person, can someone e-mail me about this secret place?

Regards
SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPhone

01/04/2021 kl. 21:15 skrev Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer <ulrich.dangelmeyer@...>:

Hi Stephan,
Sorry for interrupting at the rudder packing again….

then you put a lot of brain and craft into finding so many hiding places. Hats off!
It's like Easter here in Germany: you hide chocolate eggs in the garden, then the children can look for them and eat them.
Can you share your recommendations with us here in the forum? We do not want to trade drugs, weapons or ammunition. But we don't want to leave a good watch or iPad lying around on the NavTable either.
Thanks for your support. Or do any other members here on the forum have any other tips?

THX and best wishes. stay safe and Happy Easter.

Ulrich
„Soleil Bleu“ A54#088
<>

Am 01.04.2021 um 20:44 schrieb Stephan Regulinski via groups.io < stephreg@...>:

I should be working on the rudder packing gland . . . but . . .

Instead, I made a list of over two dozen places to hide objects which could then only be found by a dog or an experienced Amel owner, but can be retrieved by the person who knows where to look in under a minute.

My list doesn’t include hiding things in plane sight, like slipping an iPad between books on a shelf, or putting spare cash in the trash can under the plastic liner.

I am with Mark on the question of theft. Thieves want an easy kill, so leave a couple of twenties on the chart table, and stow the “valuables” out of sight. The thief will have more cash in pocket than he’ll get from pawning your used stuff, and you’ll be spared the much greater expense of replacing it (think: cell phone, iPad, binoculars, or VHF radio).

Just a thought . . . Now everyone back to work . . . And would someone please look at my questions on the rudder packing gland?

Thanks,

Stephan G. Regulinski
S/V Hanalei SM266

Germain Jean-Pierre

Danny,

I totally agree.

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera, SM007

On 5 Apr 2021, at 08:08, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

[...]

James

Hi all..

Would also love to know more about secret 'Amel hiding places!'

I like to think I know my boat, but I'd LOVE to know what I may not know!!

Thanks guys!!

SV TITANIUM SM2K#260

Porter McRoberts

I think the SM has a very different place than the 54.  Can a SM owner directly reply to the SM requests?

Porter McRoberts
S/V IBIS A54-152

On Apr 5, 2021, at 12:42 PM, James via groups.io <jamestim@...> wrote:

Hi all..

Would also love to know more about secret 'Amel hiding places!'

I like to think I know my boat, but I'd LOVE to know what I may not know!!

Thanks guys!!

SV TITANIUM SM2K#260

Ian Townsend

Maybe we should have Zoom meeting about secret spots! Invitation only. 🤣

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153

On Apr 5, 2021, at 8:27 PM, Porter McRoberts via groups.io <portermcroberts@...> wrote:

I think the SM has a very different place than the 54.  Can a SM owner directly reply to the SM requests?

Porter McRoberts
S/V IBIS A54-152

On Apr 5, 2021, at 12:42 PM, James via groups.io <jamestim@...> wrote:

Hi all..

Would also love to know more about secret 'Amel hiding places!'

I like to think I know my boat, but I'd LOVE to know what I may not know!!

Thanks guys!!

SV TITANIUM SM2K#260

Mark Erdos

Good idea!

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us

Maybe we should have Zoom meeting about secret spots! Invitation only. 🤣

Ian & Margaret

S/V Loca Lola II

SM153

On Apr 5, 2021, at 8:27 PM, Porter McRoberts via groups.io <portermcroberts@...> wrote:

I think the SM has a very different place than the 54.  Can a SM owner directly reply to the SM requests?

Porter McRoberts

S/V IBIS A54-152

On Apr 5, 2021, at 12:42 PM, James via groups.io <jamestim@...> wrote:

Hi all..

Would also love to know more about secret 'Amel hiding places!'

I like to think I know my boat, but I'd LOVE to know what I may not know!!

Thanks guys!!

SV TITANIUM SM2K#260

Lior Keydar

hi

please, can someone email it also to me?

lior246@...

thanks a lot
lior A54 #18

Nicolas Klene

Just in case the previous owner forgot in there , I need to check the spot !
laixoi@...
--
Nicolas Klene
DarNico

Derick Gates SM2K #400 Brava

I did find a diamond pendant that the wife of the previous owner had lost (and shipped it to her), but it was not in a secret place. I also found a bunch of toys left by their 4 year old. I think I know my SM pretty well after 8 years of ownership, but I was never told of a secret space.  Can someone in the know enlighten me please? Email me at derickgates@...

Derick
Brava
SM2K #400

Brian Gifford

Is there a similar spot on the Maramu?
I asked the previous owner of my boat but they didn't know. I've been on the hunt for a good spot but I haven't found one yet.

BrianG701@...
--
Brian Gifford
Maramu #243

Jim Anderson

May I request to please be included in the list, if someone would wish to email me? I'll add my own, if not already there. capt.anderson"at"gmail"dot"com
Jim Anderson, SM384 Sirena Azul, Seattle