Anti fouling. Copper Coat versus Silicone

VICTOR MOLERO

Hello all.
I was planning to renew my antifouling with copper coat when I've been recommended the new silicon paints manufactured by renowned brands such as Hempel. I am hesitant as to what option to choose, considering a posible crossing from Europe to the Caribbean. Does anyone have experience with silicon antifouling? Any information comparing both paints?
Thanks in advance.
Victor
SM314 Alendoy

Victor,

Many of us have had experience with Silicone in the form of PropSpeed and with PropSpeed:
  1. It is critical that it is installed correctly or it will not work.
  2. If installed correctly it works well.
  3. From the circle of people I know, there have been around 30% that had failures probably because of poor workmanship.
  4. It does not last too much longer than 2 years, but, of course, it is the propeller.
Some things that work well elsewhere, fail in the Caribbean.
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Jul 3, 2021 at 4:32 AM VICTOR MOLERO <victor.moleroxx@...> wrote:
Hello all.
I was planning to renew my antifouling with copper coat when I've been recommended the new silicon paints manufactured by renowned brands such as Hempel. I am hesitant as to what option to choose, considering a posible crossing from Europe to the Caribbean. Does anyone have experience with silicon antifouling? Any information comparing both paints?
Thanks in advance.
Victor
SM314 Alendoy

VICTOR MOLERO