B&G Nad-3 Vs H5000 autopilot on Amel

Joan Blaas

Hello,

After my previous treat on electronic brands I more or less have decided to go for an all B&G solution. Next question is what autopilot should I choose.

Does anyone has experience with the B&G nad-3 on their Amel? Are you happy with the steering capabilities? Especially is strong winds, gusts recovery, high waves etc.

From paper I prefer the nad-3 over the H5000 because it's a more out of the box solutions and it requires less calibration. But the H5000 is more advanced.

So I wonder how good are the out of the box capabilities of the nad-3 on a Amel ketch rigged sailing vessel.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I really want to make sure I buy the right stuff.

Kind regards,

Joan Blaas
Caconano
AMEL 55-05
Currently in Martinique

heinz@quetzal.berlin

Hello
I installed the Nad 3 2 years ago in New Zealand on my one. The first was unfortunately defective but was immediately replaced by B&G. I am unfortunately only 6 weeks with him sailed because I then flew to Germany and the Kiwis no longer let me in. Corona.
I was very satisfied in all weathers. It is also nice that you can set the course with the plotter and the autopilot follows it. With larger course deviations he asks of course whether he should change the course. Safety query. Functioned flawlessly.
Cheers Heinz.

Quetzal AMEL SM 2000,292

Am 26.01.2022 um 18:56 schrieb Joan Blaas <joan.blaas@gmail.com>:

Hello,

After my previous treat on electronic brands I more or less have decided to go for an all B&G solution. Next question is what autopilot should I choose.

Does anyone has experience with the B&G nad-3 on their Amel? Are you happy with the steering capabilities? Especially is strong winds, gusts recovery, high waves etc.

From paper I prefer the nad-3 over the H5000 because it's a more out of the box solutions and it requires less calibration. But the H5000 is more advanced.

--
Hello
Since yesterday when I tried to park in a box in a marina in Auckland my bow thruster motor failed.