Backstay Tension A54

Dean Gillies

I had to disconnect my back stays for the lifting in 2019 and launching of Stella last week. I'm sure the tension is not the same as it was originally. Does anyone know the (numerical) tension they should be reset to?  Maybe someone has a full rig tensioning specification for the A54?
Many thanks.
Dean
SY Stella
A54-154

Martin Birkhoff

Hello Dean,

From Franck Chivée, La Rochelle, Greement, I got the numbers you can see in the sheet. I got thenumbers when he checked our rigging. Franck Chivée is a rigger and very familiar with Amel and Amel rigs. As the backstays of the Amel 54 are 7 mm thick, the tension should be between 600 and 800 kg.
Franck's figures are based on the values that Selden recommends.

The best will be to ask him.
You can contact Franck by e-mail: larochellegreement@...

Diameter

breaking load in kg

nominal tension 15/100 in kg

nominal tension
20/100 in kg

7 mm

4.050

607

810

8 mm

5.220

783

1.044

10 mm

7.900

1.185

1.580

12 mm

11.055

1.658

2.211

The numbers are for 1/19 wires.

Regards
Martin

SY Mago del Sur - 54#40

Martin Birkhoff

Hello Dean,

The companys name is La Rochelle Greement

Martin
SY Mago del SSur - 54#40
currently Cartagena

Dean Gillies

Hi Martin,
Thank you. I will send an email to Franck.
best regards
Dean