Ballooner Halyard Business End specs

Tony Elliott

Edited

Hi all,

Can someone provide me a link to the specifics/measurements/materials of how the main ballooner halyard business end is constructed. I have new running rigging on order and need this info. I was unable to locate it in the Amel book.

Thanks in advance,

Tony,
SM#443 - GRAND CRU

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

Hi Tony,

Easy for you or certainly a rigger todo. Just a matter of carefully cutting the outer sheath of the rope to expose the inner weaved line and a whipping to make and eye at the bitter end and another whipping that incorporates the shackle attachment. See attached photo of the Ballooner halyard I recently made when replacing our running rigging. Hope this helps.

Kind regards
Ross and Donna
SV INTREPID KIWI
SM2K #356
Currently in Montenegro

--
Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond
SV Intrepid Kiwi

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 8:03 AM Tony Elliott <tonye@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Can someone provide me a link to the specifics/measurements/materials of how the main ballooner halyard business end is constructed. I have new running rigging on order and need this info. I was unable to locate it in the Amel book.

Thanks in advance,

Tony,
SM$443 - GRAND CRU

Tony Elliott