Battery Switches

Patrick McAneny

I need to remove my battery switches ,hopefully to clean the contacts. Does anyone know the trick to removing the handles. It is hard to see into the small holes ,but I don't see a split pin to drive out. I also  don't know if it is hard to access the inside of the switch,but I know Brian on Delos cleaned his contacts ,so it is possible. Neither of my engines would start today and the only common thing to both is the switch and after turning them on and off several times ,they both turned over. Does anyone know if these switches can be purchased new.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Mark & Debbie Mueller

I received a quote from Maud in April 2019 for 236.07 Euros plus tax and transport.  This was for a 54, not clear if the disconnects are interchangeable.
--
Mark & Debbie Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

Paul Osterberg

The handle on my switch is just to pill off just friction holding it in place.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM # 259; Las Palmas

Patrick McAneny

Paul on mine ,which should be the same,there is a small hole in the red handle ,I assume it was there because there was a pin holding the handle in place. Did you remove yours by just pulling it off?
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

The handle on my switch is just to pill off just friction holding it in place.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM # 259; Las Palmas

Patrick McAneny

Paul, I just went out to the boat and it took a hard pull or two ,but the handle did come off. Did you access the inside to clean the contacts,if so ,was there any problem getting the back off. It won't come as a surprise to you , Georgetown Marina went into foreclosure last year due to poor management.
Thanks for the tip,
Pat
SM Shenanigans