Best Sailrite flightcase storage in A54?

Sv Garulfo

Hi all,

I’m looking for ideas for storing a Sailrite sowing machine (with its flightcase) somewhere practical and safe on the A54.

Has anyone gone through that exercise ?

Many thanks

Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Huahine, French Polynesia

Barry Connor

Hi Thomas,

Easy, I took out the Bose system main box under the saloon table forward seat. With all the latest music and sound systems it makes lots of sense to free up the weight of this ancient ultra expensive system used over 10 years ago. The main DVD unit stopped working.
The Sailrite just squeezes in, had to trim the rubber padding edges on the corners of the case. Penny's Janome also fits in this space with all our sewing kit and materials, including sail cloth patches. Our Sailrite has been indispensable and saved us a fortune.
Hope this is an idea for you to look at. If you need photos I can send.

Very Best Regards

Barry and Penny
"SV Lady Penelope II'
Amel 54.  #17
Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique

On Friday, April 9, 2021, 5:56:22 PM EDT, Sv Garulfo <svgarulfo@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I’m looking for ideas for storing a Sailrite sowing machine (with its flightcase) somewhere practical and safe on the A54.

Has anyone gone through that exercise ?

Many thanks

Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Huahine, French Polynesia

Teun BAAS

Port side locker in cockpit.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

In Storage on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

April 9, 2021 15:45:02

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909

I’m looking for ideas for storing a Sailrite sowing machine (with its flightcase) somewhere practical and safe on the A54.

Has anyone gone through that exercise ?

Many thanks

Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Huahine, French Polynesia

michael winand

Under the bed,
Michael Nebo sm251

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 at 8:45 am, Teun BAAS
<teun@...> wrote:

Port side locker in cockpit.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

In Storage on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

April 9, 2021 15:45:02

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909

I’m looking for ideas for storing a Sailrite sowing machine (with its flightcase) somewhere practical and safe on the A54.

Has anyone gone through that exercise ?

Many thanks

Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Huahine, French Polynesia

Mark Erdos

In the bottom of the clothes closet in the aft cabin.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us

I’m looking for ideas for storing a Sailrite sowing machine (with its flightcase) somewhere practical and safe on the A54.

Has anyone gone through that exercise ?

Many thanks

Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Huahine, French Polynesia

Dominique Sery

Under the bed in the cabin.

Regards
Dominique

Irko A54#16

Scott SV Tengah

We don't have a sail rite but rather a cheap Singer and we store it under the aft cabin bed.
--
Scott
2007 A54 #69

Arno Luijten

Funny how everyone had a different location.
Ours is in the aft cavity under the table in the main saloon. By sliding the table you get decent access to lift the “spare boat anchor” from the locker.

Cheers,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Alexander Hofmann

Hello Arno, Scott and Domenique,

Yes, funny indeed to exchange the few possible storage positions. Mine is under the front portside cabin's bed. But I think, Arno's suggestion is the best. Will think it over.
Fair winds - out of Covid

Alexander Hofmann. SY Oceanica I. Amel54#156

Sv Garulfo

Hi all,

Many thanks for your input, there are quite a few interesting options.

I should have asked in the original post, but do you have any particular fittings/fasteners to secure the heavy beast in your chosen storage space?

And if anyone else has a storage solution on starboard, it would help with our Lithium induced port list...

Cheers,

Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Huahine, French Polynesia

On 10 Apr 2021, at 03:48, Alexander Hofmann <DACJ@...> wrote:

Hello Arno, Scott and Domenique,

Yes, funny indeed to exchange the few possible storage positions. Mine is under the front portside cabin's bed. But I think, Arno's suggestion is the best. Will think it over.
Fair winds - out of Covid

Alexander Hofmann. SY Oceanica I. Amel54#156

Alexander Hofmann

Hi Thomas,

one of the reasons why I have my sailrite under the portside double berth in the front cabin is, that it fits in perfectly there.

If you use the 2nd compartment, seen from the left hand side, you will recognize, that its width is just a small bit wider than the sailrite flightcase.

Not easy actually to get it in and out, bring it in in a kind of circle movement, good physical training 😊, but it is a perfect fit there and cannot move.

Under the table (Arno’s recommendation, which I like!) I would (and will maybe) install some wooden fixation to hold the flightcase in place.

Best regards

Alexander – SY Oceanica I - Amel54#156

Arno Luijten

Because of the angled surface where the sailrite is placed below the dining table, the sailrite does not move, It’s also above the keel so motions are faily limited anyway. I did not need to add any lockup things for that. I just slide is as much as possible to the centre line as possible. I use some storage boxes to fill up the remaining cavities with other “stuff”. I like to have to this kind of weight close to the keel.

Regards,
Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Alexander Hofmann

Hi Arno,

yes, to center the most heavy stuff most middle and most deep in the ship, this is the main reason, why I will try out YOUR position of the sailrite under the dining table in instead of MINE under the front double berth. Just have already a lot of very heavy things down there. Bringing it to a good order may avoid any locking stuff, like you do it. And, it very easy to reach there. I do need my sailrite often. She is one of my little ‘life insurances’ for going to remote places! Happy that she’s with me.

Well understood, thanks for your additional comment.

Alexander

SY OCEANICA I – Amel54#156

scentstone

Edited

As a matter of contribution to the community which includes some SM owners I share below some pictures of the solution we're using.

[Note] I like using it a a temporary shelf ;-)

Fair winds

Fred
S/V ScentStone
SM2K #375