Bilge pump diaphragm

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Hi all,

After dissembling my bilge pump I found that the water-side plastic-coated large washer’s plastic (PVC?) is in pretty bad shape – see the image below. Unfortunately I do not see a spare one in the kit. My current thinking is to simply swap them around as the dry-side one looks to be in perfect condition. I would be very grateful for any advice regarding this.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Dowd

Managing Director
FGPS Limited
Tel: +44(0)7710 466 619

skype: pauldowd
www.fgps.com

This e-mail (including attachments) may contain sensitive and/or confidential information. If received in error, its use by you is not authorised and may be unlawful. Please notify the sender and delete all copies immediately. E-mails may be subject to error, interference and virus and no liability is accepted for loss or damage however it arises and whether direct or indirect.

--
Cheers
Paul

Jose Alegria

Hi

I bought  6 months ago a new pump and spare parts directly from:

TF MARINE SRL
Lucca – Italy
Tel & Fax: +39 0584 338238
website: www.tfmarine.it
email: info@...

Jose Alegria
Amel55 #03-MERIT
Currently at Valletta-Malta
+351918663037
Josealegr@...

No dia 26/09/2022, às 19:57, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> escreveu:

Hi all,

After dissembling my bilge pump I found that the water-side plastic-coated large washer’s plastic (PVC?) is in pretty bad shape – see the image below. Unfortunately I do not see a spare one in the kit. My current thinking is to simply swap them around as the dry-side one looks to be in perfect condition. I would be very grateful for any advice regarding this.

image003.jpg

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Dowd

Managing Director
FGPS Limited
Tel: +44(0)7710 466 619

skype: pauldowd
www.fgps.com

This e-mail (including attachments) may contain sensitive and/or confidential information. If received in error, its use by you is not authorised and may be unlawful. Please notify the sender and delete all copies immediately. E-mails may be subject to error, interference and virus and no liability is accepted for loss or damage however it arises and whether direct or indirect.

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Vladan SV PAME

Hi Paul,

I had same situation and machine shop made me new washers from some plastic ( think Teflon ).

Best Regards,

Vladan

A54 #157

SV PAME

[...]

Many thanks for your useful replies. I will see if I can get one made here in Grenada out of teflon, or perhaps nylon. I would think any quality durable non-corrodible material would do.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown

S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98
tel: +44 (0)7710 466619

skype: pauldowd
web:
https://my.yb.tl/yafohi

[...]

Eric Freedman

Hi Paul,

I believe nylon absorbs a bit of water . I had trouble removing some nylon rudder bearings from my old boat. I now use Delryn for most “plastic “ things.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

[...]

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the advice. In my situation only one needs replacing and that’s n the wet side, so I guess what I could do is change the current dry side washer to the wet and put the new one on the dry side.

If I cannot get one made here in Grenada then I may have to just swap them over anyway so the one with the peeling plastic coating will be on the dry side.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown

S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98