Bilge pump gear

Nicole e Nilson Noronha

Good afternoon, everyone!
Our bilge pump broke gear broke and I’m talking to Maud to buy a new one, but we are having a lot of difficulties to take the gear off, is there any trick in it?
I will send you the pictures, it’s exactly like amel book shows, bit just impossible to take the gear off… Apparently the motor screw just doesn’t unscrew…
Thank you so much for your help
Nicole

SV Marfim Madri
Amel 54 #075
Santa Cruz de Tenerife

I see nobody has answered. You should write Maud and ask. I will write someone who I think knows the answer.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 12:38 PM Nicole e Nilson Noronha <marfimmadri@...> wrote:
Good afternoon, everyone!
Our bilge pump broke gear broke and I’m talking to Maud to buy a new one, but we are having a lot of difficulties to take the gear off, is there any trick in it?
I will send you the pictures, it’s exactly like amel book shows, bit just impossible to take the gear off… Apparently the motor screw just doesn’t unscrew…
Thank you so much for your help
Nicole

SV Marfim Madri
Amel 54 #075
Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Eric Freedman

If we have the same AMFA pump the gear comes complete with the center wheel.

Just use a small mallet on the end of the shaft and the whole gear just slides off the worm gear.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Our bilge pump broke gear broke and I’m talking to Maud to buy a new one, but we are having a lot of difficulties to take the gear off, is there any trick in it?

I will send you the pictures, it’s exactly like amel book shows, bit just impossible to take the gear off… Apparently the motor screw just doesn’t unscrew…

Thank you so much for your help

Nicole

SV Marfim Madri

Amel 54 #075

Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Jason Rutledge

Yes,  "Mallet" is the answer.
--
Jason Rutledge
SV Liahona

Nicole e Nilson Noronha

Thank you very much for your help
We tried but no success with de mallet.
There’s this little “lock” inside that we didn’t know (pictures attached).
We asked a mechanic and he helped us.
Thank you so much, this group, the amel book and Bill’s help have been a life saver since we bought our first Amel last June.
Fair winds

Nicole & Nilson

SV Marfim Madri
Amel 54 #075
Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Great!

I did this about 8 years ago and could not remember the circlip. Thanks for the photos.