Topics

bilge switch replacement / how to remove the black cap

Ralph Heilig

As I am working on the boat, I also want to replace the bilge switch (corrosion / got an new one from Amel). I wanted to remove the back cap on top of the stick to mount the new string, but it looks like it is clued on the stick.

Any help if I have to cut the cap of the stick and try to get a new one? I could not find any tips here in the forum but I'm sure note the first one trying to mount a new bilge switch string...

Courtney Gorman

Leave the string attached to the ‘stick’ and tie it to the new switch easy
Cheers
Courtney
Trippin
54 #101

On Aug 8, 2020, at 4:55 AM, Ralph Heilig <ralph.heilig@...> wrote:

As I am working on the boat, I also want to replace the bilge switch (corrosion / got an new one from Amel). I wanted to remove the back cap on top of the stick to mount the new string, but it looks like it is clued on the stick.

Any help if I have to cut the cap of the stick and try to get a new one? I could not find any tips here in the forum but I'm sure note the first one trying to mount a new bilge switch string...

<Bilge Pump1_LI _2_.jpg>

karkauai

I bought a new switch and a short piece of 1/4" ID copper tubing. I crimped the tubing onto the switch, flattened the rest of the tubing, and drilled a hole through it near the end. It has held up for 3+ years.

Kent
SM 243
Kristy
Portland ME for a week or so then heading N.