BILGE WATER PUMP #replacement

VICTOR MOLERO

Hello all.
My old AMFA bilge water pump broke the membrane and I haven't been able to find a replacement. Can anyone recomend where to find them? In case I don't, I will have to buy a new pump (which may not be a bad idea considering the age of the old one), so is there a brand and model that you recomend? I've seen Vetus, Jabsco, Johnson, but I really don't know which will be better or if there's any real difference between them... How many littres per minute do you recommend? Any other consideration that I should be aware of before buying the new pump?
Thanks in advance.
Victor
SM314 Alendoy

Jose Alegria

Victor hi

Contact:

They are now the distributors of TF MARINE - the builders of  TM50 24 V CC and they sell too the spare part kits.

fruzza@...

+39 0584-65101-(231)

Kind regards,

Gianneschi Pumps and Blowers S.r.l.

via Luigi Gianneschi 270 - 55041 Capezzano Pianore - Lucca - ITALIA
Tel +39 0584 365101 (r.a.) Fax +39 0584 969411
Web Site: www.gianneschi.net - E-mail: info@...

José Alegria
A55#003MERIT
PORTUGAL
josealegr@...
Mobile: + 351 91 866 30 37

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 at 13:51, VICTOR MOLERO <victor.moleroxx@...> wrote:
Hello all.
My old AMFA bilge water pump broke the membrane and I haven't been able to find a replacement. Can anyone recomend where to find them? In case I don't, I will have to buy a new pump (which may not be a bad idea considering the age of the old one), so is there a brand and model that you recomend? I've seen Vetus, Jabsco, Johnson, but I really don't know which will be better or if there's any real difference between them... How many littres per minute do you recommend? Any other consideration that I should be aware of before buying the new pump?
Thanks in advance.
Victor
SM314 Alendoy

Steven Nieman

Hi,
 Distrimex.nl or distrimex.com
They do parts and whole pumps.
SM 476

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 2:51 PM VICTOR MOLERO <victor.moleroxx@...> wrote:
Hello all.
My old AMFA bilge water pump broke the membrane and I haven't been able to find a replacement. Can anyone recomend where to find them? In case I don't, I will have to buy a new pump (which may not be a bad idea considering the age of the old one), so is there a brand and model that you recomend? I've seen Vetus, Jabsco, Johnson, but I really don't know which will be better or if there's any real difference between them... How many littres per minute do you recommend? Any other consideration that I should be aware of before buying the new pump?
Thanks in advance.
Victor
SM314 Alendoy

Juan de Zulueta

Hello Victor,

I replaced my pump by a Feit pump PVM 0.15 24v

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 13 févr. 2021 à 10:51, Steven Nieman <stefnieman@...> a écrit :

[...]

Jose, what is the position of the individuals you mentioned? I am looking for a high-level decision-maker at Gianneschi. Is Luigi Gianneschi that person? Do you have an email for him?

Victor,

When you contact them tell them it is a TM 50:
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 8:41 AM Jose Alegria <Josealegr@...> wrote:
[...]

jlm@jlmertz.fr

Hello

For 6 years ago I replaced the membrane by a VITON membrane (Viton is a wonderful material) .

You  can buy if all round the world .... many shops for industrial hydraulic can cut it (I do that by myself)...

no problem after 6 years ... it's better than the original

JL MERTZ

CottonBay

SM316

Le 13/02/2021 à 14:51, VICTOR MOLERO a écrit :

Hello all.
My old AMFA bilge water pump broke the membrane and I haven't been able to find a replacement. Can anyone recomend where to find them? In case I don't, I will have to buy a new pump (which may not be a bad idea considering the age of the old one), so is there a brand and model that you recomend? I've seen Vetus, Jabsco, Johnson, but I really don't know which will be better or if there's any real difference between them... How many littres per minute do you recommend? Any other consideration that I should be aware of before buying the new pump?
Thanks in advance.
Victor
SM314 Alendoy

Jose Alegria

Bill hi

I don´y know wich position.
I bought one new pompe and spare kit one year ago directly from TF MARINE SRL.
One month ago I receive a phone call from one lady named FRUZZA ( fruzza@...  +39 0584-65101-(231)) explained me TF marine was included  at  GIANNESCHI operation and ask me if I would like receive a complete info about GIANNESCHI products.
She send me the files in attachment.
Wich are the Fruzza role in GIANNESCHI operation I don´t know.

Greetings

José Alegria
A55#003MERIT
josealegr@...
Mobile: + 351 91 866 30 37

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 at 15:11, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
[...]

She is Chiara Fruzza and I am already in touch with her. Chiara is in charge of Foreign Trade.

Thanks,

Bill

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 10:36 AM Jose Alegria <Josealegr@...> wrote:
[...]

Wolfgang Weber <webercardio@...>

Hello CottonBay,
Nice solution and a good emergency spare to have on board.
Which thickness did you use ?
Stay healthy and greetings
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54 #162

jlm@jlmertz.fr

Hello Wolfgang,

I am not on CottonBay and I don't remember the thickness(try with 1, 2 or 3mm),

on Amazone : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B08S42HCSM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2JAB6BVYN4M35&th=1

or : http://www.tido.fr/Feuille-de-joint-FKM-Viton-a-decouper-20X20

or etc. etc. ..... with google ...

Jean Luc

Le 13/02/2021 à 18:16, Wolfgang Weber via groups.io a écrit :
Hello CottonBay,
Nice solution and a good emergency spare to have on board.
Which thickness did you use ?
Stay healthy and greetings
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54 #162

VICTOR MOLERO

I am impressed by the wealth of information and the huge asset that this group represents. Thank you sssssoooo much for all the comments, advice and ideas. Really helpful.
Again, thank you all.
Best.
Victor

Alan Leslie

Hi Victor,

Our AMFA pump fell to bits years ago
I replaced it with a Johnson Viking 32 pump

The pumps and spare parts are available everywhere.
It is a very good pump.

Cheers

Alan
Elyse SM437

eric freedman

Hi,

I have been able to get the replacement rubber parts as well as the gear wheel from Maud at AMEL.

They were in stock last fall. Most of the pumps on board are not my favorite, however this large diaphragm pump will pump anything that will fit in the hose without jamming. I plan on keeping this one running as long as possible.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

I replaced it with a Johnson Viking 32 pump

The pumps and spare parts are available everywhere.
It is a very good pump.

Cheers

Alan
Elyse SM437

Slavko Despotovic

Hello,

there is a kit for the pump that is delivered by Amel. I got a kit two weeks a go.

Regards,
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz

Giovanni TESTA

Hi Alan,
may I have please a photo of the position/installation connections ?
many thanks
Cheers
Giovanni Testa
sv Eutikia SM 428

Il 13/02/2021 23:33, Alan Leslie ha scritto:
Hi Victor,

Our AMFA pump fell to bits years ago
I replaced it with a Johnson Viking 32 pump

The pumps and spare parts are available everywhere.
It is a very good pump.

Cheers

Alan
Elyse SM437

Mark & Debbie Mueller

As Alan Leslie mentioned the Johnson Viking 32, we have also replaced the original AMFA pump with a Johnson Viking. It is well-built, extremely easy to maintain, has a higher output than the original pump, and a handcrank in case the power or motor fails. I could not find anything wrong with with this pump with the Johnson Viking. I could not find anything wrong with this pump since we have had it installed.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

Alan Leslie

Hi Giovanni
Sorry, I can’t find any photos of the installation.

I’ll keep looking.

But basically the mounting holes are not the same as the AMFA pump, so I used a nylon chopping board like you have in the galley.

Drilled holes to match the AMFA mounts and holes to match the Viking mounts.

Bolted the Viking pump to the board and then mounted the whole thing on the AMFA mounts and bolted it up.

Simple.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

Hi Giovanni,

Another option you may consider is the TF Marine bilge pump we purchased from TF Marine in May last year. TF Marine has now been taken over by Gianeschi.

I have attached photos of the pump.

Kind regards
Ross and Donna
SV Intrepid Kiwi
SM2K #356
Currently in Turkey

On Sunday, February 14, 2021, 1:01 pm, Giovanni TESTA <giovannitesta53@...> wrote:

Hi Alan,
may I have please a photo of the position/installation connections ?
many thanks
Cheers
Giovanni Testa
sv Eutikia SM 428

Il 13/02/2021 23:33, Alan Leslie ha scritto:
Hi Victor,

Our AMFA pump fell to bits years ago
I replaced it with a Johnson Viking 32 pump

The pumps and spare parts are available everywhere.
It is a very good pump.

Cheers

Alan
Elyse SM437

Giovanni TESTA

Hi Alan& Ross,
many thanks for your suggestions.
Ross and Donna, where are you in Turkey ?
All the best
Giovanni Testa
 sv Eutikia
https://www.youtube.com/user/eutikia1

Il 15/02/2021 00:07, Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond via groups.io ha scritto:
Hi Giovanni,

Another option you may consider is the TF Marine bilge pump we purchased from TF Marine in May last year. TF Marine has now been taken over by Gianeschi.

I have attached photos of the pump.

Kind regards
Ross and Donna
SV Intrepid Kiwi