Topics

Blocked fwd shower drain on amel 55.

Billy Newport

So enjoying my first week with my new (to me) 55 (formerly iolani) now named Coder.

The fwd shower drain was draining slowly, the fwd sink seems fine.

It stopped draining tonight and the shower floor was floating. I plungered it and it drained empty but slowly. How to clean it out? I guess draino isn't an option:)

Billy
Amel 55#56

Mark & Debbie Mueller

Welcome to the glamorous (not so much) side of boat ownership.  You could try a small drain snake, I have used the one pictured.  It was purchased at Lowes for $10.00.  You should be able to find an equivalent just about anywhere.  Also good for cleaning marine growth out of the raw water line from the distribution manifold to the refrigeration pump.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

I found the best way to move a gray water clog is to use a wet-vac to move it with suction first...if that doesn't move it add water and use the wet-vac to blow it to the gray water bilge.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 8:56 AM Mark & Debbie Mueller <brass.ring@...> wrote:
Welcome to the glamorous (not so much) side of boat ownership.  You could try a small drain snake, I have used the one pictured.  It was purchased at Lowes for $10.00.  You should be able to find an equivalent just about anywhere.  Also good for cleaning marine growth out of the raw water line from the distribution manifold to the refrigeration pump.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

Joerg Esdorn

Hi Billy, welcome to ownership of a great boat!  On my boat, the shower also seems to drain slower than the sink but it hasn’t clogged.  Both drains feed into just one hose so the problem you are experiencing must be before the junction with the sink drain.  I have used a small snake which has improved the shower drain.  Good luck!

Joerg Esdorn
Amel 55 #53, Kincsem
Currently on the hard in Vigo, Spain

eric freedman

on kimberlite there is a valve in the forward bilge in the main cabin. it is in the hose that drains stuff forward of the door. it is closed when the boat is stored. i dont know if you boat has the red handle d valve.
sorry typing with the port arm. had surgery on tarboard
sm 376