Topics

Boat Yard at US East Coast with Experience to Apply COPPERCOAT?

Michael & Robyn

Edited

Dear Amel Owners

We are looking for a ship yard with experience in applying COPPERCOAT.
North Florida, Georgia would be most convenient for us, but we can also go up to Annapolis in spring if this is the center of expertise.

In case you don't want to share your (bad or good) experience publicly here our email:
SY(dot)RIPPLE(dot)MandR(at)gmail(dot)com
--
Michael & Robyn

SY RIPPLE SM2K # 417
currently in Brunswick GA

Matt Salatino

The US CopperCoat supplier is in Melbourne, FL.
His name is Jim Edwards. I’m sure you can find his email address on the CC site. Ask him. He’ll know for sure, as he loathes warranty calls due to improper application.....
My wife and I applied ours, 5 1/2 years ago. It was difficult, and we used Jim as an information resource. It’s worked quite well for us.....

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Nov 5, 2019, at 8:59 PM, Michael & Robyn <SY_RIPPLE@...> wrote:

Dear Amel Owners

We are looking for a ship yard with experience in applying COPPERCOAT.
North Florida, Georgia would be most convenient for us, but we can also go up to Annapolis in spring if this is the center of expertise.

In case you don't want to share your (bad or good) experience publicly here our email:
SY(dot)bbbRIPPLE(dot)MandR(at)gmail(dot)com
--
Michael & Robyn

SY RIPPLE SM2K # 417
currently in Brunswick GA

Michael & Robyn

Thank you Matt,

I spoke to Jim Edwards at the Annapolis sailboat show. He pointed us to Cape Canaveral Ship Yard Scorpion aka "Port Canaveral Marine" http://www.portcanaveralmarine.com/marine-services/yacht-services/
But it seems they do mostly Catamarans, had not done mono hulls or even an Amel.
--
Michael & Robyn

SY RIPPLE SM2K # 417

Matt Salatino

I believe the application method is not relevant to number of hulls, or boat manufacturer, as long as the yard is familiar with fiberglass/gelcoat hulls....