Topics

Bonding Strap

Patrick McAneny

I would like to purchase a copper strap to replace the original bonding strap. I looked in the files but could not find the original size used by Amel. Could someone provide me the width ,thickness and length of the strap.
Thank You,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Mark McGovern

Edited

Pat,

I think the picture that you are looking for is in the Photos section of the forum, not the Files section.  Look in the folder called "Bonding System - Bilge Ground Strap"  and you will find the pictures that Judy Rouse uploaded years ago including the one with the dimensions.  Here is a direct link to that album:  https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/album?id=84439

Make sure you have some long extensions and a 30mm socket to undo the top nut on the keel bolt that secure the strap.

I made my replacement strap from a 2" wide x 1/8" thick x 48" long piece of copper.  You can get the copper at www.onlinemetals.com or www.speedymetals.com.

Mark

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara

Patrick McAneny

Mark, That is just what I needed ,I did not think to look in the photo section.
Much Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans