Topics

Book shelves

Joerg Esdorn

On my A55, I have a number of book shelves which have substantial fiddles which prevent books from falling out under most conditions.  In heavy air, however, the fiddles are not quite high enough and contents of the shelves on the windward side sometimes end up on the floor to leeward.  I‘ve asked the boatyard where Kincsem is resting this year to install wooden bars across the shelves and I‘m now looking for the best way to have these bars be removable without installing ugly „U“ shaped pieces on the sides into which the bars slide.  Anyone have „hidden“ attachments for such bars on their boat?  Many thanks in advance for any ideas!

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem
On the hard in Vigo, Spain

Hi Joerg,
On our SM we have wooden bars held in place with Velcro . The Velcro can’t be seen .
Haven’t lost a book in 20 years
Ian and Judy , Pen Azen , SM 302 , Kilada , Greece