Topics

Boston

Wolfgang Weber

Hello to the group,
Has anyone a recommendation for a Marina in or near Boston where I can leave the boat for 3 weeks ?
Thank you very much Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54#162

Ryan Meador

Hi Wolfgang,

There are a ton of marinas in Boston, and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, so it really depends on what you're looking for and how much you're willing to pay.  Dockwa has very high (maybe even 100%) penetration here, so you can see a good overview of locations and prices on there.

If you want easy access to downtown, check out Fan Pier Marina, Boston Waterboat Marina, Boston Yacht Haven, etc.  If you want a mooring in this area, Boston Waterboat Marina has some, and sometimes Boston Sailing Center also has some.

If you want a great community, amenities, and access to public transit, check out Constitution Marina (that's where Kelly and I live, and there's also one other Super Maramu here).

If you're looking for something slightly less expensive, but still with easy access to the city, you can go to East Boston -- check out Boston Harbor Shipyard (there's a Super Maramu there, too) or Pier Park Sailing Center (moorings).  For still less expense, you can go outside the city to Sunset Bay in Hull or Hingham Shipyard in Hingham.

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA