Bow thruster A54– IPC relay

Roque

Hi all

Would you be so kind to check if my installation is right?

The BT does not turn to Port or Stb when using the joystick at cockpit. IPC relay (Control Box 6-123xi) was faulty, and I replaced it with one already left by P.O. I remade all connections following electrical diagram (or so I think), but the IPC blew up immediately. Maybe it was already defective, but before I burn my new spare IPC, I hope some of you could check how I did and see if there are any mistakes.

I funneled the problem to the IPC because:

1.The BT does turn when I jump A1 to gray wire or blue wire.

2. Up and down ok

3.Joystick is ok

4.Solenoid new and ok

5.Emergency stop OK

6. Temperature sensor ok

7. Protection fuse ok

Picture 1 shows the electrical diagram. Pic 2 shows how I wired it. My doubts:

a.     a. Not sure where the connection circled in red in Pic 1 goes physically. I assume the red wire connects three points, as per Pic 2, red line

b.      b.There is a “diode” circled in yellow (Pic1) that I could not find

c.      c.There is no black wire (ground) coming from the joystick, and that is right, I guess. But I connected a black one from the IPC to A1

Can you identify any mistake or have any suggestion before I put the new IPC to work without blowing it up?

Thank you
Roque
Attika A54 117
Paraty - Brazil

Mark & Debbie Mueller

Attached is the Side Power Trouble Shooting Guide.  Page 6 - 8 helped me with a problem with the bow thruster.
--
Mark Mueller
formerly Brass Ring  A54

Roque

Thank you, Mark.

My problem begins where this Guide ends 😀. When it comes to the relay or control box, it just reads: "Please contact your local Side-Power
distributor for service support.".

Side-Power could not help because Amel does not use Side-Power joystick or panel control, and the wiring is different. It is my understanding at the moment that, if you follow the connections recommended by them, you may fry the Black Control Box.

I have some more research to do when I get back to the boat. If/when I find the answer, I will post it here.

Livre de vírus. www.avast.com.