Topics

Bow thruster service SPECIAL TOOL

Bernd Spanner

Hi, I just prepared erverything to service the bowthruster on my SN. Now I have connected the special tool to lower it in the water but....
how do I secure the special tool???
I only have the tool but not bolts etc.
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

Bernd,

Here is part of the page from my book:
image.png

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 8:02 AM Bernd Spanner <bernd.spanner@...> wrote:

Hi, I just prepared erverything to service the bowthruster on my SN. Now I have connected the special tool to lower it in the water but....
how do I secure the special tool???
I only have the tool but not bolts etc.
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

Bernd Spanner

Thanks Bill
the screws are missing.
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

These set screws are a common size and can be purchased at any shop that sells bolts, nuts, and screws.

  --
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 9:24 AM Bernd Spanner <bernd.spanner@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill
the screws are missing.
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

heinz@quetzal.berlin

Go to.   Nikimat.com. Alexander did make a very good side with fotos.
Fair Winds
HEINZ
SY quetzal sm2000, 292

Am 04.02.2020 um 15:02 schrieb Bernd Spanner <bernd.spanner@...>:

Hi, I just prepared erverything to service the bowthruster on my SN. Now I have connected the special tool to lower it in the water but....
how do I secure the special tool???
I only have the tool but not bolts etc.
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

Alexandre Uster von Baar

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 04:10:20 PM UTC, heinz@... <heinz@...> wrote:

Go to.   Nikimat.com. Alexander did make a very good side with fotos.
Fair Winds
HEINZ
SY quetzal sm2000, 292

Am 04.02.2020 um 15:02 schrieb Bernd Spanner <bernd.spanner@...>:

Hi, I just prepared erverything to service the bowthruster on my SN. Now I have connected the special tool to lower it in the water but....
how do I secure the special tool???
I only have the tool but not bolts etc.
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

ste.dente

Dear Amelians,
I just wrote one or two times before now, but I religiously read all your very interesting interventions.
My husband and I are preparing our Santorin for the Atlantic crossing in November. I asked Amel Mediterranee about the possibility to buy the “tool” you are talking about , but it seems it isn’t available anymore.
Do you think that it could be possible to let it made by someone (carpenter or someone like this)?
How can I have the sizes of the tool?
May be someone of you has a tool to sell?
Any suggestion should be very appreciated

Stefania Dente
SN 93 Euploia
Bocca di Magra (Italy)

Il giorno 4 feb 2020, alle ore 17:44, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster@...> ha scritto:

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 04:10:20 PM UTC, heinz@... <heinz@...> wrote:

Go to.   Nikimat.com. Alexander did make a very good side with fotos.
Fair Winds
HEINZ
SY quetzal sm2000, 292

Am 04.02.2020 um 15:02 schrieb Bernd Spanner <bernd.spanner@...>:

Hi, I just prepared erverything to service the bowthruster on my SN. Now I have connected the special tool to lower it in the water but....
how do I secure the special tool???
I only have the tool but not bolts etc.
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

One of my clients told me that he bought the tool from SAV"at"Amel.fr within the last 60 days.

Have you actually written Amel? If so, what was their response?

--

Il giorno 4 feb 2020, alle ore 17:44, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster=rocketmail.com@groups.io> ha scritto:

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 04:10:20 PM UTC, heinz@... <heinz@...> wrote:

Go to.   Nikimat.com. Alexander did make a very good side with fotos.
Fair Winds
HEINZ
SY quetzal sm2000, 292

Am 04.02.2020 um 15:02 schrieb Bernd Spanner <bernd.spanner@...>:

Hi, I just prepared erverything to service the bowthruster on my SN. Now I have connected the special tool to lower it in the water but....
how do I secure the special tool???
I only have the tool but not bolts etc.
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

ste.dente

Thanks for the immediate response. I wrote to AMEL Mediterranee last spring; the response was that this tool was no more available and I thought that was definitely so. May be I try again with AMEL France.

Stefania Dente
S/Y Euploia SN#93
Italy

Il giorno 4 feb 2020, alle ore 19:01, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> ha scritto:

[...]

Edited

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 05:17 AM, CW Bill Rouse wrote:
Bernd,

Here is part of the page from my book:

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar
On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 8:02 AM Bernd Spanner <bernd.spanner@...> wrote:

Hi, I just prepared erverything to service the bowthruster on my SN. Now I have connected the special tool to lower it in the water but....
how do I secure the special tool???
I only have the tool but not bolts etc.
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar
cloudHQ Powered by
cloudHQ

 So, thruster is out. Looks like it was about time. A bit of oil and also some white creamy liquid is coming out.
the first service since 1995?... I think even the bearing at the propeller simply disappeared...
what would you recommend for rinsing the thruster?

--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

Patrick McAneny

Stefania, My boat did not have the tool, and I was going to make one ,when another owner for some reason had two and gave me one. I think the tool would be very easy to fabricate ,keep in mind that it does not need to be made from wood & metal or resemble the tool , however a bit of a cone shape would ease it into the hole in the hull. If there is another Amel nearby , borrow it to get your dimension and fabricate one .
Good Luck,
Pat
SM#123

[...]

Thanks for the suggestion Pat! Very useful
I’ll try to find someone nearby

Stefania Dente
Euploia SN 93

Il giorno 5 feb 2020, alle ore 14:30, Patrick McAneny via Groups.Io <sailw32@...> ha scritto:

[...]

Pietro Zaccari

Hi Stefania, we are on hard in Bocca di Magra and we have the tool, if you want to see it email me directly

Pietro e Licia
Bolero SM 364

Inviato da smartphone Samsung Galaxy.