BT SEALS Aquarius

Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...>

To All,

I think the Previous Topic has become too large.  The interest in the Jose designed Seals is a bit overwhelming.  I have already placed a PO for 20 sets, and paid for the 20 pieces.  To this point 13 have been paid for in my Paypal Account.

Ken (me) - 2
Taun - 5
Nick - 2
Michelle Day -2
Ian Bone - 2
Total - 13

7 remaining to sell..

Eric in the EU has said he will purchase 2 sets, but I have not received the payment.  Not that I really want to deliver to the EU, but I am going back to Lithuania late July and can ship from there.

If you would like these Seals in July:
 1. Send and email to my Ken@... email saying you want X number.
 2. I will send you an email back with availability and my PayPal Account details.
 3. You pay, and include the address where to ship in the Paypal system.
 4. I send you an email that you have paid, and delivery information.
 5. I ship seals to you.

Before they ship the Instructions for Installation will be complete.  And, I think there should be a Teflon Cap designed to make sure
everything stays in place.  The installation would be difficult to screw up if a properly designed Teflon Cap was installed.

For those of you thinking this is a money making opportunity, it's not.

Cost of goods - $71.50
Cost of Shipping to me - $? But could be about $3 each
Cost of Paypal - $4
Cost of Shipping to you - $5 - $20
Lust so you know.

I do want to sell the remaining 7 and get them off my credit card.

All the best,

Ken Powers
Aquarius
SM2K#262

Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...>

Below are the people that sent emails first to pay for the seals.  If you missed out you should get a new group of 10 owners and place a new PO.

Ken 2

Taun 5

Nick 2

Michelle Day 2

Ian Geoffrey Bone 2

Dominique Sery 2

Biffi Stefano 3

Eric Opdeweegh 2

Total Paid  - 20

I am sorry, but I don't have the time required to ship to 40 owners.

The instructions set has not been completed.  I know only two people that have successfully installed these seals.  One of them had to do it twice, destroying one set in the process. But, the second set has been working for 4000 miles of Ocean sailing.   Another owner said that he had a bad installation, and he removed and replaced the New Silicone seals with the standard lip seal that Amel originally installed.

All of the failed installations probably could have been avoided if a good set of instructions existed.  I will complete a set of instructions before I send out the seals to the seven owners that paid.

I hope that all of the owners with experience installing these seals will respond to the BT Seals Instructions that I have uploaded a few days ago.  Collectively, maybe we can create a good set of instructions.

Ken
Aquarius
SM2K#262

Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...>

Sorry the final list is:

Lip Seals

Ken 2

Taun 5

Nick 2

Michelle Day 2

Ian Geoffrey Bone 2

Dominique Sery 2

Biffi Stefano 3

Eric Opdeweegh 2

Vladan Bojic 2

Ken

karkauai

Has anyone started a new list of owners wanting these seals?
Has anyone asked the manufacturer if we can contact them individually, rather than doing a single large order?

Thanks,
Kent & Iris
SM243
Kristy