Topics

Buying a Sharki

Ivica Curlica

In mid march i will go with mine mechanic in Lefkas, Greece to look at Sharki any tips on what to look for on the boat as special problems on Sharki.

Aras

Once you have a good once over for general condition (pay attention to how it is kept) be sure to focus on drive shaft thru- hulls mast and rig.
Mine looked great and I knew what I needed to replaced from the onset.
The general condition will give you clues where to focus.
Caveat Emptor as they say
Bon chance

Aras
Sharki # 163

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020, 5:13 AM Ivica Curlica <ivica.curlica@...> wrote:
In mid march i will go with mine mechanic in Lefkas, Greece to look at Sharki any tips on what to look for on the boat as special problems on Sharki.

marklesparkle59

Three problems I am addressing on Sharki#96 right now are the headlinings and the bulkhead in the aft cabin.  The 9mm bulkhead rots because water gets in between the plywood and the fibreglass of the cockpit, from the pocket behind the Mizzen in my case. First signs were a dark patch in the middle of the bulkhead. The water sits in hollow pockets, I think for years. Headlinings have been discussed on the forum recently and can be kept up with batons. I am replacing mine with a softer fabric and adding 5mm of insulation.
The wind, depth and speed electronics, (B and G hornet 4) has expired after 36 years. The gelcoat on the deck will need attention .
Mark Porter
Sea Hobo
Sharki#96

Sent from my Samsung device