Topics

cleaning salon upholstery

John Martin <jjmartin24@...>

Hello all

We have just become the proud new owners of SM hull no 248, 1999, now named "Moon Dog", our homeport being Hampton, Virginia.

Can anyone give me advice on washing the salon upholstery covers ? I have machine washed the simple cushion covers and curtains for the bow and stern cabins with very good results, but am not sure how to go about washing the salon cushion covers that have a thin layer of foam stitched to their backs. Has anyone washed these in a large capacity commercial washing machine ? Or is having them steam cleaned, as you would do for upholstered furniture, the better way to go ?

Thanks and Happy Holidays to all !

Ruth (and John) Martin

kimberlite1212 <no_reply@...>

welcome aboard,