Climma air conditioning unit


Paul Brown
 

Hello, can anyone assist please:

My Amel 55 has a Climma AC unit in the saloon and fwd cabin that appears to have 160v across its fan relay which is causing the fan motor to be energised without the unit being switched on. In other words there is a hum coming from the fan motor (the fan is not spinning) which would probably burn the motor out if the unit is not switched off at its circuit breaker. The issue appears to be within the control board.

I appreciate your assistance in advance.

regards Paul - Fortuna II Amel 55 #17


 

Paul,

Most Amel owners in this Group have either Climma Compact or Climma Split ACs. I believe that you have a Climma Chiller System.

The only reason I interject this into the thread is that you may get some replies from other owners who are not aware that yours is significantly different than theirs. Maybe you were also not aware?

It sounds like you need to seek support from a trained tech because 160 volts can kill. If you are in Europe, start with customerservice@.... I found them quite helpful.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 6:43 AM Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
Hello, can anyone assist please:

My Amel 55 has a Climma AC unit in the saloon and fwd cabin that appears to have 160v across its fan relay which is causing the fan motor to be energised without the unit being switched on. In other words there is a hum coming from the fan motor (the fan is not spinning) which would probably burn the motor out if the unit is not switched off at its circuit breaker. The issue appears to be within the control board.

I appreciate your assistance in advance.

regards Paul - Fortuna II Amel 55 #17


Barry Connor
 

Hi Paul,
I am just getting my saloon ac checked this arvo.
Mine is water cooled, the only fan is at the back of the cooling condenser that blows the air into the cabin. 
I could ask and have the guy give me the voltage if this helps. 
Please advise 
Best Bazza


On Oct 4, 2021, at 11:29, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:


Paul,

Most Amel owners in this Group have either Climma Compact or Climma Split ACs. I believe that you have a Climma Chiller System.

The only reason I interject this into the thread is that you may get some replies from other owners who are not aware that yours is significantly different than theirs. Maybe you were also not aware?

It sounds like you need to seek support from a trained tech because 160 volts can kill. If you are in Europe, start with customerservice@.... I found them quite helpful.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 6:43 AM Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
Hello, can anyone assist please:

My Amel 55 has a Climma AC unit in the saloon and fwd cabin that appears to have 160v across its fan relay which is causing the fan motor to be energised without the unit being switched on. In other words there is a hum coming from the fan motor (the fan is not spinning) which would probably burn the motor out if the unit is not switched off at its circuit breaker. The issue appears to be within the control board.

I appreciate your assistance in advance.

regards Paul - Fortuna II Amel 55 #17


Arno Luijten
 

Hi Bill,

If he would have the chiller system, that unit would not carry a fan. So either his fan unit in the saloon is broken or he has the stand alone units.
I seem to remember the early 55’s had the same system as the 54 and SM. The later models had a central chiller unit.
Remains the fact that he should get technical expertise as there many potentials causes for this problem.

Kind regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121


Paul Brown
 

Hi

My fwd and two saloon systems are compact and my aft system is a split system all with independent fans. I have had technical advice from a service technician that inspected the issue and he believes it is a faulty relay. He suggests a new control board or if possible to have the relay replaced.

I am hoping to have the faulty relay replaced as a new board is an expensive solution but maybe my only option.

thank you for your response 

regards Paul- Fortuna II Amel 55 #17


Barry Connor
 

Hi Paul, 
My problem was sea growth in the pipes. Had the local very knowledgeable Caraibe Refrigeration run an acid mixture round the A/C and Refrigeration pipes, took a few hours. Unbelievable difference. Don’t think it has ever been done since 2006.
Sorry they couldn’t give me any advice about your fan issue. Good that you got someone local. Where is Fortunate? 
Best 
Bazza


On Oct 5, 2021, at 10:05, Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:

Hi

My fwd and two saloon systems are compact and my aft system is a split system all with independent fans. I have had technical advice from a service technician that inspected the issue and he believes it is a faulty relay. He suggests a new control board or if possible to have the relay replaced.

I am hoping to have the faulty relay replaced as a new board is an expensive solution but maybe my only option.

thank you for your response 

regards Paul- Fortuna II Amel 55 #17