Topics

Crack in the pole

Bernd Spanner

Hello,
I realized that one of my poles has a crack of about 5 cm or 2 inches. Anyone here with knowledge of metallurgy regarding advise if and how to fix it or better get a new alloy tube? Not sure how old the cracks are. See pics.
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

Find a rigger near you. You need to replace the aluminum tube. All of the other pieces can be moved to the new tube and riveted in place.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, 12:20 PM Bernd Spanner <bernd.spanner@...> wrote:
Hello,
I realized that one of my poles has a crack of about 5 cm or 2 inches. Anyone here with knowledge of metallurgy regarding advise if and how to fix it or better get a new alloy tube? Not sure how old the cracks are. See pics.
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Just remove the ends,  get a new tube from McMaster - Carr, and reinstall the ends on a new tube. It is not that difficult.
Or you can weld a sleeve on cracked tube.

Vladimir.
SM 345 "Life is Good"