Topics

Customs Form?

Duane Siegfri

I'm at the Fedex office in Martinique, and they tell me I need a US Customs form that requires my boat info to send a part back to the USA.  Does anyone know where I would get the form on the internet?

Thanks,
Duane
Wanderer, SM#477

galacsea galacsea

They are supposed to give to you as kit is available on their own website.
See below:
https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/international/create-documents.html?cmp=KNC-1001816-11-10-950-1110000-US-US-EN-NBZ0001Z01ZINTL&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgO_VtJrC5gIVhZOzCh2W0A9uEAAYASAAEgJ82vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Duane Siegfri

The Commercial Invoice form?  That requires a Tax ID number and other information geared toward a business sale.  Am I missing something?

By the way i failed to note we're sending the part back for repair.

Thanks,
Duane

John Clark

Hi Duane,
  direct answer to your question is I don't know, and don't think you need one for a part you already own.   But....I suggest you inquire at Douglas Yacht Services. (DYS)  Doug Rapier is a French Customs agent (speaks english) and is familiar with the issues facing yachties.    His office is near the pizza ...well used to be pizza I think it is Brazilian steak now ...anyway near Mango Bay Restaurant and Carib Marine.  I am sure he can point you int he right direction at least.

             Regards,  John Clark

SV Annie  SM #37
Brunswick GA

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 9:55 AM Duane Siegfri via Groups.Io <carlylelk=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm at the Fedex office in Martinique, and they tell me I need a US Customs form that requires my boat info to send a part back to the USA.  Does anyone know where I would get the form on the internet?

Thanks,
Duane
Wanderer, SM#477

Duane Siegfri

John,

Customs was another issue.  The Government employees are on strike here in Martinique, including Customs.  Since I didn't clear the equipment out of Martinique, I'm going to have it shipped to St. Martin instead.  Doug would have been a great resource.

Happy Holidays!
Duane