Topics

cutlass bearing removal

stargazer41amel <no_reply@...>

We just used a large pipe wrench and rotated while tapping with a
rubber mallet! No problem! Cutlass bearing was changed 6 years
earlier.

Cover new bearing in dish soap and wrap in tin foil and place in
freezer for a couple of days. Keep frozen until ready to install.
Unwrap and place on shaft. Being frozen made the ease of installing
the new bearing a cake walk. We have installed many cutlass bearings
this way! It makes the job easier.

Gene & Delores
s/v Stargazer
hull 132

milnchris <no_reply@...>

Many thanks for this. Yes a little more brute force and out she
came ... new one installed with no problems.

Chris & Millie

--- In amelyachtowners@..., stargazer41amel