Topics

D60 24v Dessalator Solenoid Connections

Mark Erdos

Hi Everyone,

I did something a little bit stupid. When working in the engine room, I pressed against the 24v pump for the fresh water maker. When I did, the two wires pulled away from the solenoid and I have no idea which terminals are used for the re-connection.

Could somebody with a D60 24v Dessalator water maker take a look please and let me know the correct way to connect the wires. Many thanks!

Fresh Watermaker Solenoid.JPG

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us

Thomas Peacock

Here are some shots from when I was working on my 24 V pump earlier this year:

On Jun 9, 2020, at 6:09 PM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I did something a little bit stupid. When working in the engine room, I pressed against the 24v pump for the fresh water maker. When I did, the two wires pulled away from the solenoid and I have no idea which terminals are used for the re-connection.

Could somebody with a D60 24v Dessalator water maker take a look please and let me know the correct way to connect the wires. Many thanks!

<image001.jpg>

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper
Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Ryan Meador

Hi Mark,

I think if you look closely, you'll see that the 4 connections are in pairs, so electrically it only has two.  I imagine the order doesn't matter as long as the wires are attached to different pairs.  On ours (photo attached), the blue wire is on the left and the brown wire is on the right.

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA