Topics

Dealing with m. Selo, ss anchor, shipping problems, logos, ets

pagandaisy <no_reply@...>

Just back from a passage from Tortola to Grenada on a new Doyle
jenny. Very competitively priced, it replaced my delaminated original
sail. A very good sail indeed! Doyle, in the Caribbean is a
pleasure to deal with.

As to logos as someone else stated, don't let the kids play in the
engine compartment. But I'd like to know if on the newer SM's the
cushions are still velcroed into place: a terrible situation in the
dining area. Any suggestions for an improvement. Also, after almost
eight years when the only maintenance on my watermaker, even after
absences of as long as 6 months, was a weekly rinse (with no ill
effects)the person watching my boat pickled the membranes. He
states I should run 1/2 hr with the tap in the galley open before
using the water. It would seem to me rinsing for some length of time
would be sufficient. Comments please.

I don't understand how anyone could have any problems dealing with m.
Selo. I've been doing so for as long as I've had Amel's, almost 20
years, with nothing but first class service.

I shipped over a large crate of equipment when having Pagan built.
Also no problem. Just ship as Amel tells you to.

About that stainless steel anchor (assuming it's the same one I got 8
years ago): I couldn't get it to hold in La Coruna. The first time I
used it in the Caribbean it dragged. The second time it hung up on a
rock and bent. Obviously I knew what to do with it. Friends who
know the anchor universally refer to it as "The Slippery Anchor."

To those of you in the Caribbean predictions are for 5 large
hurricanes this year (as if you didn't know already). Yes, Grenada is
a good place to leave your boat--much better than the hard.)

Arnold

scentstone <scentstone@...>

I don't understand how anyone could have any problems
dealing with m.
Selo. I've been doing so for as long as I've had Amel's, almost
20
years, with nothing but first class service.
I agree absolutely with you.. Owner of "THOSCA" a Mango since
1994 actually in Turquey, i never seen a so friendly and well
informed person in the industry, this man know each part of your
boat and the way to repare it !!!
I want publicly thank him here.

Fred Sochat