Depth Tranducer offset Santorin

Eric Meury

added a new depth tranducer and wanted to make sure the depth offset is correct.  Anyone know the tranducer offset in the santorin.

Bill Kinney

Eric,

Can't tell you exactly what it is, but I can tell you what I used to tell my students to do every time they got on a new boat:  Drop a weight on a line next to the boat at the dock.  Measure the depth of the water, and compare to the actual reading on the instrument.  Adjust the offset as needed.  Sure to be right.

REALLY important on any charter boat, where people frequently get lost in menus on the instruments and push buttons at random...  No telling what the settings are.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA

Craig Briggs

Hi Eric,
Foolproof method is just to run aground and then set your offset :-)
FWIW, I set mine to 2'. Now whenever I run aground it reads exactly 6.5' - spot on.
--
Cheers, Craig,  SN68 Sangaris, at RE Mayo Shrimp Co. free dock in Hobucken, NC on ICW heading south.