Topics

Dessalator DUO 100 - Watermaker HP hose/pipe

Sv Garulfo

Hello,

We are looking for the specs (type, inner/outer size, max pressure etc) of the high pressure hose HP between the HP pump and the 'pressostat' (pressure regulator?).

We have checked online, the dessalator website only shows the fittings without the HP hose, and the company is currently closed due to COVID.

We have the stainless steel fittings that can be reused, and are running Dessalator DUO 100.

Has anyone gone through the exercise of sourcing the HP hose and reusing their own fittings? Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks for your help
Best,

Soraya
GARULFO A54-122
Tahuata, Marquesas, Frech Polynesia
on very scarce email but available on Wapp +689 8779 0326

eric freedman

Hi Soraya,

You can probably pick up the hose in any hydraulic shop. I use a hydraulic hose rated at 5,000 psi.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

We are looking for the specs (type, inner/outer size, max pressure etc) of the high pressure hose HP between the HP pump and the 'pressostat' (pressure regulator?).

We have checked online, the dessalator website only shows the fittings without the HP hose, and the company is currently closed due to COVID.

We have the stainless steel fittings that can be reused, and are running Dessalator DUO 100.

Has anyone gone through the exercise of sourcing the HP hose and reusing their own fittings? Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks for your help

Best,

Soraya

GARULFO A54-122

Tahuata, Marquesas, Frech Polynesia

on very scarce email but available on Wapp +689 8779 0326

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hello Soraya,

I use a dairy industry line rated at 3000PSI.  Complete with factory installed fittings.

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera, SM007, Opua, NZ

On 25 Apr 2020, at 14:34, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

[...]

To reuse the Dessalator screw-on fittings you will need a hose that is very similar to the hose Dessalator uses. I have done this with hose that I bought from Dessalator. I am sorry that I do not have the specs.
Click here for instructions for reusing the fittings.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 8:06 PM Sv Garulfo <svgarulfo@...> wrote:
Hello,

We are looking for the specs (type, inner/outer size, max pressure etc) of the high pressure hose HP between the HP pump and the 'pressostat' (pressure regulator?).

We have checked online, the dessalator website only shows the fittings without the HP hose, and the company is currently closed due to COVID.

We have the stainless steel fittings that can be reused, and are running Dessalator DUO 100.

Has anyone gone through the exercise of sourcing the HP hose and reusing their own fittings? Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks for your help
Best,

Soraya
GARULFO A54-122
Tahuata, Marquesas, Frech Polynesia
on very scarce email but available on Wapp +689 8779 0326

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Hello Guys,

I got these hoses from Desalator in 7/2019,specifications are:

E740100 SAE100R7 5/16" MAX W. P. 253 BAR

These hoses work with resusable connectors.

I am not sure its its wise to use ordenary hydaulic hoses, they might not be food grade. The Dairy hoses someone mentions seam more safe.

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54 #39
Martinique

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020, 21:06 Sv Garulfo <svgarulfo@...> wrote:
Hello,

We are looking for the specs (type, inner/outer size, max pressure etc) of the high pressure hose HP between the HP pump and the 'pressostat' (pressure regulator?).

We have checked online, the dessalator website only shows the fittings without the HP hose, and the company is currently closed due to COVID.

We have the stainless steel fittings that can be reused, and are running Dessalator DUO 100.

Has anyone gone through the exercise of sourcing the HP hose and reusing their own fittings? Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks for your help
Best,

Soraya
GARULFO A54-122
Tahuata, Marquesas, Frech Polynesia
on very scarce email but available on Wapp +689 8779 0326

Mark Erdos

Hi Soraya and Thomas,

The hoses are rated for 5,000 psi. They need to be stainless steel braid. Most hydraulic shops will have them. You will want food quality hoses. We are in Tahiti and plan to replace ours here. We have found online several places but due to restrictions, we haven’t been there yet. We had a failure in one of the fittings, the nut cracked. Epoxy putty has solved the problem, short-term.

I have attached the instructions for the fittings (thanks Eric).

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff