Dessalator water maker pre filter housing

Kevin Schmit

Good morning,

Simple, silly question on opening the pre filter housing (2) on my Dessalator water maker. How do I open these housing to maintain the filters? I assume the green body unscrews into the white top piece? As it is plastic, I did not want to break if attempting to open improperly. I’m not sure if there is a special wrench or not..?

Thanks,
Kevin
KIANA
SM#362
Block Island, RI

--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Kevin;

There is a tool, similar to an oil filter wrench, that locks into the large plastic ring at the top of the filter housing to unscrew. Then filter housing lowers and can be removed, once this plastic ring/nut is completely unscrewed.

Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099

Respectfully;

Mohammad Shirloo
+1-323-633-2222 Cell
+1-424-644-0908 Fax

Simple, silly question on opening the pre filter housing (2) on my Dessalator water maker.  How do I open these housing to maintain the filters?  I assume the green body unscrews into the white top piece? As it is plastic,  I did not want to break if attempting to open improperly.  I’m not sure if there is a special wrench or not..?

Thanks,
Kevin
KIANA
SM#362