Topics

Dessalator Watermaker 24 volt motor

Thomas,

Thanks for your posting. Did you try Dessalator.com for these brushes? I think this is important to know.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 2:00 PM Sv Garulfo <svgarulfo@...> wrote:
Hello

There are 4 brushes on the motor. They are held in place by rubber covers that you unscrew.
I find it easier to bring the motor out of the engine room to work on the brushes.

I cleaned the carbon dust twice in the space of a couple of weeks and eventually replaced the brushes. Looking at the new ones, I noticed the old ones were slightly cracked lengthways, which could have explained why they wouldn’t slide so freely in their housing and would eventually lose conductivity. I guess i could have sanded them down a little to fix the issue.

We sourced the brushes here:
vendite@...

Product code SP1812MC50

They’re not cheap (about €15 each) and they had a minimum order of €180 and would only
ship dhl which was €60. The company was a bit of a pain to work with, as they usually only work with companies, not individuals.

We got a discount for ordering 3 sets of 4 brushes n springs, and still have a spare one.

Hope that helps

Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Nuku Hiva, Marquesas, French Polynesia

On 4 Feb 2020, at 13:24, ofer magen <ofermagen@...> wrote:

Hallo,
I have the same problem now with the 24v motor not working.
Can you please explain where the brushes are and how to remove them?
Thanks,
Ofer
SV Alba
Amel 54 #160
Cyprus

Sv Garulfo

Hi Bill,

Yes we did at the time and if i recall correctly, they were available at around €55 ex vat each.

Best,

Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122