Topics

Differences between Super Maramu (SM) and Super Maramu 2000 (SM2000; SM2k)

jimbo ken

I have searched the group but can not find anything that lists what are the main differences between the early SM and the SM 2000 - could somebody please point me to the post if they know it or list the top differences -

Jim

Courtney Gorman

Your best bet would be to reach out to Joel Potter

On Oct 28, 2020, at 9:18 PM, jimbo ken <jimbokennedy@...> wrote:

I have searched the group but can not find anything that lists what are the main differences between the early SM and the SM 2000 - could somebody please point me to the post if they know it or list the top differences -

Jim

I agree...Joel Potter can be reached at Joel Potter <jfpottercys"at"att.net>

He owned 2 SMs and 1 54..He specializes in selling Amels.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 8:26 PM Courtney Gorman via groups.io <Itsfun1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Your best bet would be to reach out to Joel Potter

On Oct 28, 2020, at 9:18 PM, jimbo ken <jimbokennedy@...> wrote:

I have searched the group but can not find anything that lists what are the main differences between the early SM and the SM 2000 - could somebody please point me to the post if they know it or list the top differences -

Jim

Bill Schwanitz

Jim, After you talk to Joel, would you please post your findings back to the group?

Thanks,
Bill

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

In case this helps you in the interim, this is an old Cruisers Forum post which could be helpful in addition to contacting Joel - https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f47/difference-between-amel-models-137037.html

Cheers
Colin Streeter

--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445

Mark McGovern

Edited

Jim,

That's because there really is no one definitive list.  Although there was a definitive name change to Super Maramu 2000, some of the design changes were made BEFORE the name change and some were made after.  Throw in all the minor revisions made over the years, the engine changes, and the many different options offered by Amel (dive compressor, diesel heater, watermakers, comfort pack, etc.) and you will begin to see that while ALL SMs are all more alike than they are different, each individual one is a bit unique.  From a cost/joy of ownership standpoint, you will likely be happier with an early SM that has been lovingly and well maintained by her owner(s) vs an SM 2000 that has been neglected by her owner(s) for the last 15 years.

That said, here are a few links discussing the differences between an SM and the SM 2000:
https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/topic/29758905#15849
https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/topic/29762066#23099
https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/topic/66433839#49441

--