Topics

Dive Compressor mounting on SM

Thomas Kleman

So, I've just purchased a dive compressor and am installing it. It fits perfectly and snugly on it's rubber feet between the dive tank storage and the port cockpit lazarette divider....using 25 1/2 of the 26 inches available. My question is how people have secured their compressors in place. I don't want to remove the rubber feet to control the vibration and there is not an obvious answer (to me). Securing it to the dive tank storage and lazarette divider seems awkward and would transfer a lot of vibration. I've looked at the pics on this site but it wasn't helpful. Or have people not permanently secured it ?

Tom and Kirstin
SV L'ORIENT
SM2K 422

Mark Erdos

Hi Tom,

When Amel installs the compressor it is mounted on a piece of wood and fitted to rails. This means it can be slid back out of the way when not needed. The wood the compressor is mounted on can be fixed with pins when underway.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us

So, I've just purchased a dive compressor and am installing it. It fits perfectly and snugly on it's rubber feet between the dive tank storage and the port cockpit lazarette divider....using 25 1/2 of the 26 inches available. My question is how people have secured their compressors in place. I don't want to remove the rubber feet to control the vibration and there is not an obvious answer (to me). Securing it to the dive tank storage and lazarette divider seems awkward and would transfer a lot of vibration. I've looked at the pics on this site but it wasn't helpful. Or have people not permanently secured it ?

Tom and Kirstin
SV L'ORIENT
SM2K 422

Porter McRoberts

Ours sits also in the same spot. Rests on its feet. No issues with plenty of sailing. We take it out and put in the middle of the cockpit to use it so it’s well ventilated.

Porter

Porter McRoberts
S/V IBIS A54-152
WhatsApp:+1 754 265 2206
Www.fouribis.net

[...]

Paul Guenette

Hi Tom,

I am not sure if you have seen this before ?  But just in case you have not seen it, it might help you.

http://supermaramu2000.com/scuba_compressor_bauer_junior.html

fair winds, Paul
Aramis  SM 2000 - 444
Comox,  BC, Canada