Door seal

Patrick McAneny

I hate to bring up an old thread ,but I have tried to find a source for a new door seal in the old posts and have been unable to find one. I am running out of time to order one ,so I thought I would ask if someone has source to order  a new seal.
Thank You,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Pat,

Mike Ondra is the one who found it. See this:

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 9:05 AM Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I hate to bring up an old thread ,but I have tried to find a source for a new door seal in the old posts and have been unable to find one. I am running out of time to order one ,so I thought I would ask if someone has source to order  a new seal.
Thank You,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Patrick McAneny

Bill, I don't know why I could not find that,I knew I saw a post recently on this subject. I will order it today,
Thanks,
Pat

Mike Ondra is the one who found it. See this:

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 9:05 AM Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I hate to bring up an old thread ,but I have tried to find a source for a new door seal in the old posts and have been unable to find one. I am running out of time to order one ,so I thought I would ask if someone has source to order  a new seal.
Thank You,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Rick Stanley

AMEL actually has these in stock at the moment, or at least they did a month or so ago.

Rick Stanley
S/V Althea
Rock Hall, MD

Richard May

After reading the install guide above from Bill, there is a blurb at the bottom about talc powder to lube the door/weather-strip interface.  Another way to lube it to prevent the weather strip from folding under is to apply 50/50 turpentine/linseed oil.  My door is very weathered and the finish is all but gone.  I was going to keep it like that (making the boat look not so attractive to thieves) but leaves the wood open to the elements.  The oils help seal the wood, lubricate the strip/wood interface, and it smells nice in the end.
--
Richard May
SM 477 Avogato