Draining Fuel tank

Patrick McAneny

I only have about 30 gallons of fuel in my tank and I want to drain it. My boat is on the hard ,so I placed a five foot length of 1/2" cpvc tube into the tank and attached a 25' length of 1/2"OD plastic hose , I drop that over the side hoping I could siphon the fuel out. I attached the hose to a shop vac , sealing the connection with tape and yet it did not produce enough suction to pull the fuel up out of the tank by more than two feet ,about to the height of the cockpit seat. I was surprised by that ,it is a big vac ,with a lot of suction. Does anyone have a suggestion on how or what to use to suck the fuel up and out of the tank.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Derick Gates SM2K #400 Brava

Edited

Pat, make sure the business end of the 1/2” cpvc tube is not sealing down to the bottom of the tank. It should be cut at a slight diagonal.

Derick
SM2K Brava

Patrick McAneny

Derick, The tube was at angle to the tank and I even lifted it off the bottom an inch to make sure that was not an issue.
Thanks,
Pat