Emek Turkey

JB Duler

Hello,
I know that some of you, including Bill R. many years ago, have had great experience with Emek Turkey.
Would anybody be willing to share their recent experience with Emek (building a stern arch, fitting solar panels, refrigeration systems)?
Thank you
--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco

Bruno COTTE

They are the best for stainless steel and mechanics
Excellent for electricity
Good for electronics but they subcontract
Take opportunity to buy an Ultra anchor a jewel .
But all job must be followed specially if you want to control quality and  timing !

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 25 sept. 2022 à 08:40, JB Duler <jbduler@...> a écrit :

Hello,
I know that some of you, including Bill R. many years ago, have had great experience with Emek Turkey.
Would anybody be willing to share their recent experience with Emek (building a stern arch, fitting solar panels, refrigeration systems)?
Thank you
--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco
Meltem # 19, Western Med

Eloi Bamberg

We worked with them this year in July. They did some stainless steel work and rigg check/adjustment. They have "project manager" and work a lot with subcontractors, but always the same and they control the work, so you have only one contact person. I can really recommend.

Eloi

SM2K 426  RedLion
Canet, France

I recommend Emek, but like 100% of similar providers, including Amel, you must be present for all work performed on your boat. If you choose not to be present, chances are you will not be happy. Amels, like other modern sailboats, are complicated. Regardless of what is being done there will be needed input from the owner while the work is performed.

Additionally, I have seen this a hundred times: A worker is performing a job on an unattended boat. The owner of another boat interrupts the worker and brings him to his boat for "an emergency." When the owner of the unattended boat returns, he is unhappy because the work was not completed at the agreed upon time.

I believe: You are always the PRIME PROJECT MANAGER of whatever is being done on your boat. If you do not do your job as the Prime Project Manager, you know who you should complain to.

Of course it is your choice how to handle this situation. I am just strongly giving you my opinion.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Sun, Sep 25, 2022 at 1:39 AM Eloi Bamberg <eloi.bamberg@...> wrote:
We worked with them this year in July. They did some stainless steel work and rigg check/adjustment. They have "project manager" and work a lot with subcontractors, but always the same and they control the work, so you have only one contact person. I can really recommend.

Eloi

SM2K 426  RedLion
Canet, France

Greg A54 172

in short - they are good

Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)

Hi JB,

Just keep in mind the rules of this forum when asking others to share their experiences about a company. You will hear only positive reviews if everyone follows the rules. I have no experience or opinion regarding Emek, just something to think about when asking these types of questions here.

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
NZ

On Sun, Sep 25, 2022, 6:40 PM JB Duler <jbduler@...> wrote:
Hello,
I know that some of you, including Bill R. many years ago, have had great experience with Emek Turkey.
Would anybody be willing to share their recent experience with Emek (building a stern arch, fitting solar panels, refrigeration systems)?
Thank you
--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco
Meltem # 19, Western Med

JB Duler

Thanks to all for all answers (positive of course through the Forum per the rules) and not so positive through direct emails.
Best way is to check them out myself next year.
--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco