Engine BETA vs Yanmar

Bernd Spanner

Hello,

In my SN a Volvo Penta MD22L-A is doing it’s duty but with some hickups which are quite costly from time to time.
Therfor I consider changing to either a BETA 60 or a Yanmar 4JH5E.
Reason for selecting the both is that they do not have a turbo or common rail since I will go to remote places and need a simple and reliable engine.
Your thoughts please!?
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cruising the Med

Whichever you choose, be sure to specify "Isolated Ground." Beta routinely offers Isolated Ground, Yanmar specs do not list this as an option, but maybe you can get it.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 9:58 AM Bernd Spanner <bernd.spanner@...> wrote:
Hello,

In my SN a Volvo Penta MD22L-A is doing it’s duty but with some hickups which are quite costly from time to time.
Therfor I consider changing to either a BETA 60 or a Yanmar 4JH5E.
Reason for selecting the both is that they do not have a turbo or common rail since I will go to remote places and need a simple and reliable engine.
Your thoughts please!?
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cruising the Med

Eric Freedman

I believe Yanmar makes a 4jh4e mechanical engine and not a common rail.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376