Topics

Eno 4 burner Stove grate and standoffs

eric freedman

We have had a perpetual problem trying different methods of retaining the grate above the burners. We have the stove that came with the deluxe package on our SM2000. The grate does not stay in place . The plastic standoffs are worn and I wonder if anyone has had new ones fabricated out of stainless.  The other problem we have is that a frying pan will slip under the bar on the front of the stove. We have fabricated a piece of 1/2 inch dowel rod that is suspended from the front bar by cup hooks and held in place by seizing wire. Our solution is rather amateurish looking. Any better ideas?

Fair Winds,

Eric SM 376 Kimberlite

Alan Leslie

Hi Eric,

First, I took a piece of stainless rod, bent the ends 90 degrees and threaded them, drilled a hole each side vertically through the stove side bar, mounted the rod and put a washer and nut underneath, that stops the fypans from sliding out.
Second I got some stainless tube and cut standoffs the appropriate length and fabricated small supports from U section stainless, drilled a hole in the bottom and put a self tapping screw through both into the stove top where the plastic ones were located.
Sorry I don't have any pictures.
I can;t get to Elyse for the foreseeable future.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Alan Leslie

Eric,

Found a picture :

eric freedman

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the Photo.

Nice clean job !

Sorry I do not understand how you fastened the tubing to the stove.

You said you drilled a hole in the bottom of the tubing??

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Leslie
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2020 7:06 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Eno 4 burner Stove grate and standoffs

Eric,

Found a picture :

Alan Leslie

Hi Eric,

I drilled the hole in the bottom of the U section...this is the part that supports the stove top grating. I omitted to say that I cut a slot in each side of the U section to match the grating.
The U section sits on a short piece of stainless tube and the screw goes through the U section through the tube piece and into the stove top.
It replicates the original plastic things that eventually melt.

Like this

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

eric freedman

Hi Alan,
Thank you so much.
Fair Winds,
Eric

On September 21, 2020 at 11:53 PM Alan Leslie <s.v.elyse@...> wrote:

Hi Eric,

I drilled the hole in the bottom of the U section...this is the part that supports the stove top grating. I omitted to say that I cut a slot in each side of the U section to match the grating.
The U section sits on a short piece of stainless tube and the screw goes through the U section through the tube piece and into the stove top.
It replicates the original plastic things that eventually melt.

Like this

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437