Topics

Event: Jimmy Cornell - Crossing the Atlantic via ZOOM and YouTube - Saturday, 10 October 2020 #cal-invite

main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Calendar <main@...>

Jimmy Cornell - Crossing the Atlantic via ZOOM and YouTube

When:
Saturday, 10 October 2020
20:00 to 21:00
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Internet ZOOM

Organizer: Bill Rouse brouse@... +18323804970

Jimmy Cornell has influenced the contemporary cruising scene more than any other sailor. An accomplished sailor, public speaker and author, he has sailed over 200,000 miles in all oceans of the world including three circumnavigations as well as voyages to Antarctica and the Northwest Passage.

Thousands of sailors have fulfilled their dream of blue water cruising with the help of Jimmy Cornell’s books, among them the international bestseller World Cruising Routes. Now in its 8th edition, and with over 200,000 copies sold to date, this is one of the best selling nautical publications in the world.

As the founder of the highly successful ARC transatlantic rally, Jimmy Cornell is credited with having devised the offshore cruising rally concept. In the last four decades, Jimmy Cornell has organized 38 transatlantic rallies, five round the world rallies, and one round the world race, with over 3,000 boats and 15,000 sailors having participated in his sailing events.

From my perspective, the first Jimmy Cornell seminar that Judy and I attended was after we had sailed most of the world and had over 20 years of sailing experience. We learned a lot!

We are very pleased that Jimmy has taken time out of his very busy schedule to give a special ZOOM presentation to the Amel Yacht Owners Group. I encourage you to RSVP soon for this meeting.

ZOOM and YouTube instructions to be added soon on this calendar notice.

CW Bill Rouse