FEIT Pump Fresh Water Pressure System as spare part free to a good home just shipping cost #replacement #spares

Michael & Robyn

Greetings!

I have a F.E.I.T. AM992I SP12E 24V/24A fresh water pump to offer free to a good home, just shipping cost.
The pump has done service in RIPPLE since she was built. It comes with the manifold and the FEIT SP12E pump control system. All fittings are BSP 1" or 3/4" brass. The pump has some signs of a slight rust film and the motor case needs a bit TLC. The carbon brushes and the commutator are still looking good. The impeller is OK.

The Strainer screen on the input side of the pump fittings has failed. The pressure limiter / reducer on the output side has failed. The spring has rusted away. The problem was created because the reducer strainer screen has not been cleaned periodically. So the pressure raised such that water got on the usually dry side of the reducer piston. And made the spring rust away.

I only discovered the clogged strainer screen in the pressure reducer as the root cause of no water flow while the pump motor worked hard after I had replaced it.

I replaced it with a MARCO UP14/E, but that is its own story of violating Henry's KISS principle.

--
Michael & Robyn

SY RIPPLE SM2K # 417
currently Cambridge MD USA

neurolept2

Hi Michael,
It's Thomas again.  Does this system have the integrated accumlator tank?   I had someone work on mine and they threw out the accumulator and I have not found one with the correct fitting sizes.

Thanks

[...]

Hi Thomas,

no it has no accumulator.

On Ripple the accumulator is a separate unit mounted behind the water heater.
It is US made with NPT threads and a hose barb attached to the cold water hose side.
--
Michael & Robyn

SY RIPPLE SM2K # 417

neurolept2

Ok,  Thanks

On Ripple the accumulator is a separate unit mounted behind the water heater.
It is US made with NPT threads and a hose barb attached to the cold water hose side.
--
Michael & Robyn

SY RIPPLE SM2K # 417

Michael & Robin, the accumulator behind the water heater acts as a pressure expansion tank for the water in the  water heater when it reaches 80C, the operating temperature of the main engin.

Marco sells accumulator tanks.
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550