Topics

File /EX_MARINA.pdf uploaded #file-notice

main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@...>

The following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io group.

By: Mark McGovern

AMFA Marina Electric Sump Pump Exploded Assembly Drawing with Bill of Materials; Now a TF Marine TM 50

eric freedman

Hi,
Is there more than one version of the Marina pump?
My pump has a cog wheel that drives the pump diaphragm.
I do not see it in this diagram.
Fair Winds,
Eric
Sm376 Kimberlite

On September 24, 2020 at 7:07 PM "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> wrote:

The following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io group.

By: Mark McGovern

AMFA Marina Electric Sump Pump Exploded Assembly Drawing with Bill of Materials; Now a TF Marine TM 50

Mark McGovern

Eric,

There certainly could be given how long the pump appears to have been in production.  This is what my pump looks like:

Here is the ID plate on the pump:

And here is the crank that drives the diaphragm:

My AMFA pump appears to be identical to the TF Marine version shown in the diagram.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara

Eric,

All of the exploded drawings I have of the MARINA bilge pump from each of the manufacturers that made it, show the motor and gearbox as one part.
image.png

I assume that you are looking for the Delrin gear inside the gearbox because this is the part that eventually fails.
image.png
I was able to source this Delrin gear in Turkey from Emek Marine. RIZA <cagdas"at"emekmarin.com>. I believe that he machined them from Delrin. I was also told by another reliable source that this same gearbox is used Mercedes in the 80s. I attempted to find that Mercedes part but failed to do so.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 8:16 PM eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:
Hi,
Is there more than one version of the Marina pump?
My pump has a cog wheel that drives the pump diaphragm.
I do not see it in this diagram.
Fair Winds,
Eric
Sm376 Kimberlite

On September 24, 2020 at 7:07 PM "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> wrote:

The following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io group.

By: Mark McGovern

AMFA Marina Electric Sump Pump Exploded Assembly Drawing with Bill of Materials; Now a TF Marine TM 50

Arno Luijten

Hi Bill,

I was able to order that cog/gear from Maude/Amel.

Kind regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

eric freedman

Hi Bill,
I got the cog wheel from Amel. I just wanted to make sure that I have the thrust washers are in the right place.
Thanks
Eric