First Super Maramu Visit

Tim Noble

Hello Everyone,
A future Amel owner who is going to view his first Amel Super Maramu.

I have been working with a very knowledgeable broker on Amels and he has provided me with some excellent insights on what to look for.
So excited to finally see my first Amel up close and personal and confirm I am looking at the right boat for me.

In all my research of looking for a boat (covering 2 years so far with 1.5 years to go before I get a boat) I started with aft cockpit designs I thought they were the bomb. Then I started to think differently once I saw how they handled in heavier seas. They are good boats But I realized it wasn't a good fit.

I started looking at Amels and a center cockpit, and the layout seemed very different (Not in a good or bad way just different) than what I was used to looking at.
Then I found this forum and all of you have really opened my eyes to this design, so I did a lot of research on the Super Maramu and it all started to make sense to me why it was designed the way it is designed.

So as a first visit I am really looking forward to seeing my first Amel.
Thank you everyone for your posts and I absolutely love this community and all the sharing of information and ideas.

Tilo & Jeannette Peters

Hi Tim,

I would absolutely recommend that you talk to Bill about doing an Orientation Cruise; this is a 1-week visit aboard a SM with the experienced owner who then goes through a list of items that Bill has prepared. My wife and I just finished one and it made a huge difference in our ability to handle the boat that we will take ownership of in less than two weeks. This isn’t just a cruise, it’s Amel Boot Camp, but in really beautiful surroundings.

Best,

Tilo
Ambiente, SM163

On 20 Sep 2022, at 22:51, Tim Noble <timothynoble01@...> wrote:

[...]

Tilo,
Thank you I reviewed what the course provides.
It is on my list when I start the purchase process.

Congratulations on your purchase.

I Hope to meet up with you one day.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

[...]

John Clark

Hi Tim,
  You will not be disappointed.  When I went shopping for the “big boat” I went to a yard in VA to look at a Super Maramu that I had no intention of buying just to get the feel.  The broker was a good sport and showed us a variety of first rate cruisers.  At the end of the day even my novice girlfriend at the time, commented that none of the other boats compared to the Amel.  The broker agreed that once a buyer looks at an Amel most other boats just seem less.

I have had Annie SM 37 for six years now and have sailed between Nova Scotia and Trinidad….I have never doubted my decision to buy the Amel.

Everyone who has sailed on Annie has remarked at how everything is laid out perfect and how the boat just feels safe.
Annie is a 1990 which has done 3 circumnavigations.  My sailing buddies cannot believe she is so old.  Amel materials are first rate and hold up, and her design was ahead of her time.

Definitely get on an Amel, and sail with one.  I believe you will not be disappointed.

Regards,  John
Annie. SM 37
St Thomas, USVI

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 4:51 PM Tim Noble <timothynoble01@...> wrote:
[...]

Hello John,

Thank you for the kind advice.

I just got back from viewing the boat.

I had 1.5 hours to go over the boat and wish I could have had more time. There were several showings that day.

I went through as much of all the storage spaces and each stateroom and all the storage around the settee.

I went into the boat with an open mind with no expectations even though I have been reviewing this type of boat for over a year.

I love these boats they met and exceeded all my hopes and confirmed I have found a boat I could live on for a very long time and travel anywhere our hearts desire.

I hope one day we can meet up.

Regards,

Tim

Timothy Noble