Topics

flat panel tv ,dvd player

kimberlite1212 <no_reply@...>

has anyone mounted a flat panel tv or a dvd player in their amel.
if so what brand did you use and where and how was it mounted?
thanks
eric

jfolino901 <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@y..., kimberlite1212 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
has anyone mounted a flat panel tv or a dvd player in their amel.
if so what brand did you use and where and how was it mounted?
thanks
eric
ERIC,
IN MY #347 I HAD AMEL MOUNT A LAP TOP/COMPUTER WITH DVD ON A SLIDING,
LOCKABLE TABLE ABOVE THE CHART TABLE. IT DOESN'T REDUCE THE
USEFULLNESS OF THE CHART TABLE VERY MUCH. AMEL INSTALLED A LIGHT
BENEATH THIS TABLE FOR BETTER VIEWING OF CHARTS. I USED IT QUITE
FREQUENTLY FROM FRANCE TO PORTUGAL, THEN ACROSS THE ATLANTIC TO THE
CARIBBEAN. AMEL DID AN OUTSTANDING JOB IN MOUNTING THIS AND FOR SHORT
MONEY.
JOHN

atocateja2002 <acordero@...>

I'm looking for the same, and to fix a computer in the boat.

I find a TFT monitor that fits my needs, is a Samsung 151 MP or
171 MP, it have a TV tuner (international) a a remote control, u
can wach TV without a computer, only with the monitor.

About the DVD player i want to use the computer, i take a look in
HP e-pc and Dell that have a line of low profile computers.

Sorry my bad english.

Best Regards,

Antonio Cordero

asm283 <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@y..., kimberlite1212 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
has anyone mounted a flat panel tv or a dvd player in their amel.
if so what brand did you use and where and how was it mounted?
thanks
eric
I am intrested in further details on the laptop mounting. How did
Amel do it and how does it work.

Vito

kimberlite1212 <no_reply@...>

i am looking for a dvd player to to watch dvd on the flat panel tv
sets i am having installed. does anyone know of a 12-24 volt unit
that will work with the flat panel tv's
thanks
eric

--- In amelyachtowners@y..., asm283 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
[...]

VITO,
WHAT THEY DID FOR ME IS INSTALL A SLIDING SHELF JUST ABOVE (6" OR SO)
THE CHART TABLE, BUT BELOW THE RADAR INSTRUMENT CLUSTER. IT HAS A
SLIDING PIN ON EACH SIDE TO LOCK THE SHELF FULLY STOWED OUT OF THE
WAY OR IN THE IN USE POSITION. IT IS A REAL NICE INSTALLATION AND
EVEN WITH THE COMPUTER TABLE EXTENDED YOU CAN STILL PARTIALLY USE THE
CHART TABLE. I THINK I PAID $300USD FOR THIS WHICH HAVING WATCHED
THEM MAKE & INSTALL IT IS FAIR!
JOHN FOLINO